Quote Originally Posted by rambler247 View Post
I just wanted to add a tip to this thread that seemed to work well for me.

I was removing the drums to do a brake job and ran into the age old stuck screw problem. After not budging them with anything I had on hand I went to Chinese Freight and bought the biggest flat blade they had. It also came with a matching Phillips.

I then took that screwdriver and using a 10mm wrench for torque turned off the first 2 with some elbow grease. Screw #3 proved more difficult and the tip of the screwdriver broke. After grinding down about 1/4" it fit even better with greater grip on the screws and #3 still would budge. Enter a 3' piece of rigid conduit as a cheater bar on the wrench. Presto!! #3 comes off and I move on to the next wheel.

Wheel #2 proved even more difficult. Keep in mind this truck has been sitting in a barn for 20 some years. I thought to myself, there has to be a better way!!

After removing the wheel I figured I might as well run the lugnuts back on with my impact and see if that helps break some rust and relieve some of the tension on the screws.

To my surprise I could almost turn the screw off with the screwdriver by itself!!!!

Your results may vary, but this worked excellent on the next 2 just as rusty wheels.
Tthat is good thinking right there, glad you got them out and gave us a heads up too!