Thread: 3 Lever Headlight Modernization/Aux Use

Default 3 Lever Headlight Modernization/Aux Use

Guys,

Thinking about using an original 3 lever military switch to retain some authenticity even though im axle swapped and diesel swapped.

While I'm not quite sure if this is possible... I'd like to have the 3 lever function as.

Lock-Unlock lever remains its function (power to switch)

Off to Stop Light functions as a normal headlight switched pulled out half way (running/turn lights operational)...

Service Drive would be runnign and headlights (normal headlight switch pulled out all the way).

The blackout light side of the switch would never be utilized.

The Panel lever I'd like to utilize as following.

Panel Panel Dim and/or Bright would both throw power to what I'm planning as 2 or 3 courtesy lights mounted under the dash to light up the footwells as night for entrance.

The panel lever in the park position would throw exterior floods (additional reverse lighting).

Can you seperate the 3 levers to control individual pinouts?

67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

The M60 tanks I used to serve time in had a 3 lever that was all the engine start/stop functions. At least that is how I remember it. You might want to look into one of those instead of making a light switch do what it wasn't designed to do.

Just a thought.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Going through the pinout now found on page #2 at:

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/pages/man...SwitchDesc.pdf

Looks like I'm going to be s*** out of luck trying to seperate the operations as some power feed into each other...
    67' M715/5.9 Cummins/ZF5/NP205

Let me know if you find out anything different. I wanted to do similar, to the point where i stripped the tape off of what was left of my stock harness just to see how it all ties in. Took a quick look at the wiring diagrams and I didn't see where it couldn't be done, but i was thinking more using it as they intended, and maybe a separate panel for other goodies,,,
    Is that real money?