Thread: m725 flatulence

Default m725 flatulence

Took my m725 out for a weekend of camping, and about 30 miles into the trip she started to fart, then stalled completely, would not fire for 20 minutes then ran excellent for about 20 miles and same thing. It did this same series of events the whole 120 round trip. Fuel pump?

either fuel or spark.

If you are getting fuel (I use a clear fuel filter) then replace the coil.

Maybe but...could be the coil...getting hot while running, then cools when it dies, then gets hot again...etc.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Be sure the gas cap, or tank lines (whichever style you have) are venting. Try to remove it immediately after the engine dies and see if it is under a vacuum.......
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

That is a possibility too...one thing to check is the vent line from the tank to the air cleaner...it starts on the filler neck then drops to the frame rail, then rises again to the air cleaner. Gas may get in that line while filling the tank...then the tank isnt vented and you can get to the point where it kills the motor...happened to me years ago. Blow the line out and keep it clear and you'll be good to go...make sure you have a container under the hood to catch the stuff and blow from the tank end...you never know how dirty it is so you dont want the stuff in the tank and if you dont have a catch can, it makes a heck of a mess...happened to me as well...

Default rust in tank

This is nearly always a case of rust settling in the tank around the fuel pick-up tube. The truck will run for 15 or 20 minutes just fine and then blurp and stop as if it is out of gas. Let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes, and enough fuel will seep through the rust block to get you started and running for another 15 to 20 minutes, maybe. Often it's just 5 or 10.

This is so common that you might as well drop the tank and clean it out. I think once you do your problem will disappear.