Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slave recepticle

Default Slave recepticle

Does anyone have photos or diagrams showing the correct location to install a slave recepticle on a 715? It shows up in the parts diagrams but no reference as to where it should be mounted.

There are 2 common places the receptacle is mounted on these trucks.

One is on the passenger fender, heres a pic of mie in use at the 1999 National FE:

The other location is right behind the door on the passenger side, rotated 180 degree from the way the fender one is mounted...it is usually mounted about the height of the door handle though it seems to vary a little. I looked for a pic but didnt find one right off...I know there is at least one here somewhere...

I believe the fender mount is the most common...

This is the only picture I have at work of mine mounted on the cab. This is from the 2007 Texas FE:

Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

My SR is mounted in the same location as the above photo also, and seems to be more practical, as the line to the batteries is shortened versus it being mounted on the front fender.

Doug just posted a picture of Johnny's new truck and it has the same slave cylinder mount!

Once again, my truck is the oddball, lower right behind the driver's door:

1967 M715 w/w #11812

I appreciate everyones help, thank you!

Default slave receptical

Original location according to the manual is on the passenger side fender like on the first picture. Refer to TM 9-2320-244-34, page 195.
    Wolf Dose from Germany

Wolf, there are many trucks with it behind the door that I have seen...and they didnt have a hole repair in the fender where one used to be...the military put them in either place...depending on who was doing the install.

In my experience I think the fender style is 2/3rds of the ones I have seen and different variations of the door style, from one side or the other, are the rest.

As with many things on these trucks...there is no real right or wrong on ths one.

What is the location on the M725s?
    1968 M725(2)
    1967 M715
    1967 M725(2)
    1963 M43
    1954 M37
    1967 M103A3 w/M1010 Body