Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weatherstripping

Default Weatherstripping

Ok I did some searching but I'm better with pictures than with reading things sometimes LOL. Anyhow my truck has no weatherstripping left on it. Can someone shot some pics of where all the stock weatherstripping should be. I know there is the stock widnow washers type. And the pinch type that goes over around the top frame. I have read abut the door weatherstripping but since my truck has none I have no referance.

I was going to replace my door weather stripping since my truck has been completely rebuilt. I could not find anything that came close. I just cleaned it up really good and used 303 protectant on it. Looks great now. If you don't have any door weather stripping another idea would be to use Fullsize Jeep truck weather stripping that goes on the cab ridge next to your door. BJ's off road in Gig Harbor Washington sells a nice kit for this. I tried using it on my truck with the stock door weather stripping and no go on getting the doors closed. I took it off and will save it until my stock door weather stripping has had it. I'll install the FSJ stuff then. If you need other weather stripping besides the door stuff let me know as I found the other weather stripping through Restoration specialties. Good luck

I need it all LOL....I just need to know where it all goes and what I all need. The only stuff on my truck is the main windshield gasket and the door window sweeps.

There was a member who was going to make up a complete set of new seals for our trucks, and we had quite a list of interested parties, but he dropped off the face of the earth apparently....

I'll add your name to the list though, pgh....
    -- Tim Taylor

check with Restoration Specialties & Supply,inc Ph 814-467-9842, 814-467-9282, Fax 814-467-5323. I talked to them a few months ago, If I send sample pices they can mach it up.There web site http://www.restorationspecialties.com

I wonder if we sent them pictures and samples if they could make a complete set for us, I know they would sell quite a few. I don't have anything to send them but maybe someone who needs new stuff or a spare parts truck could. I can make the initial call if everyone is interested.

If you are looking for the weather stripping that goes around our canvas top supports at the side windows. Restoration Specialties has this stuff, I ordered it for my truck, but it did not fit quite right and you would have to screw it on or glue it on. However when I ordered my weather stripping for the civilian J truck doors, goes on the cab lip not the door. This weather stripping looked very similiar to stock weather stripping I removed from around my side windows. Since the Bj's offroad weather stripping looked nice but I couldn't close my doors with it on the cab lip and stock weather stripping on the doors I removed it and tried it on my side windows, it worked great, looks good and no screws or glue. It does come with some adhesive in the channel and fit my side windows nice and tight. It does a pretty nice job of sealing up the window and does not interfere when rolling up the door glass. I would us the Bj's universal door seal on my cab lip if I didn't have the stock weather stripping on my doors. And I think it fits way better than the Restoration Specialties stuff I bought for my windows. Restoration Specialties does have lots of different styles I did not try. I'm just posting what I found and what looks good and works. Good luck.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I ordered my door lower weatherstripping from Memphis. It came in two long sections of more than enough to do both doors for $12 a side.

The upper top frame weatherstripping wasn't available, so I used door seals from an XJ. As Fisherman said, you'll probably have to glue or attach this somehow. I used aluminum rivets, then painted the heads OD.

The winshield gasket to body was also available from Memphis Equip, and it was $35 or so.....
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Default What am I missing?

The weather stripping that was on my truck around the door frame and top frame and attaches to the pinch welds, was shown to be ST36A from restoration specialities. I got the number here on the Zone and sure enough it matches. Now I read above that it is not available or are you guys referring to a different door weather strip?

I ordered that same stuff you bought st36a. They sent me short pieces, barely long enough. He said he didn't know if he could get anymore. The universal door seal from BJ's offroad in Gig Harbor Washington works better and is much better in my opion. It has glue inside the pinch seam it holds itself on very well. I used this instead of the st36a that I purchased from Restoration Specialties. I used it around the top of soft top or roll up side windows.