Thread: Bows for 715 bed

Default Bows for 715 bed

I have a line on a set of bows for my 715 bed, but do not know exactly what pieces make up a whole set. Does anyone have pictures of a set assembled on their truck? Better yet, can someone provide me a luandry list of what a set should be comprised of? One more question, are the top bows supposed to span the entire width of the bed, or is the span covered using two pieces?

Thanks

I will post the image from the parts manual below...first I'll give an explanation:

There are 3 straight boards on each side, 6 total, that go into the top of the troop seat pockets.
    On top of those boards are curved metal corner pieces, 6 total.
    Bolted on the wood, just below the metal corner is a flat metal plate about 1/2 inch tall and the width of the outside of one of the wood uprights. The metal corner pieces go on to that point.
    Betwen the left and right sides are 3 bows, arched wood pieces, that span from one side to the other in 1 piece.
    There are 2 metal poles with flat ends that bolt from front to rear onto the bows...1 bolts from the front to the center bow and the other bolts from the 2nd bow to the 3rd.

There is a wide canvas strap that hooks from the oval loop welded to one end of each troop seat...the strap goes across the rear to prevent troops from falling out the rear and for keeping cargo in as well.

A bunch of bolts and washers and nuts of course...I think thats about it...heres the pic:

Can you make them work without the troop seats?

You would have to fabricate something...the troop seats sit in the bed pockets and the vertical boards, #8 in the illustration above, sit in the troop seat uprights as they are hollow. If you just put the wood uprights in the bed pockets, the cargo cover would be less tha 2 feet higher than the bed sides...VERY low.

Ya thats what I thought...bummer I want a set of troop seats that may be my next project.

Thanks for the info I am going to go ahead and purchase them and see what happens.

Thanks