Thread: New M715 tune-up checklist

Default New M715 tune-up checklist

Does anybody have a good tune-up checklist for a new M715? It would include all the standard stuff plus any M715-specifics. Here's what I'm thinking:

Ignition system - points, condenser, coil, distributor cap/rotor, plugs, wires
    Fuel/carb system - fuel filters, air filter, carb cleaner, etc.
    Lubrication/cooling - change differentials, transfer case, transmission, engine oil, coolant, check for leaks and replace seals/gaskets
    Tires - check pressure
    Brakes - bleed and fill brake system, check for leaks

Is there a good list in any of the TM's? Thanks!!!

Oh, also, here's a pic of the new ride. Just got it home last night. Pulled it home on the Interstate on a 7' x 16' utility trailer. That was a little tense.

I would suggest you pull a drum off and peel the dust covers from the wheel cylinder out enough to look in. If yours is like the rest of ours, all kinds of funky looking gunk will be living in there and only one of the two pistons at most will actually move if you push the pedal. Just pull it apart and clean everything real good.

The rest of your list looks ok.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

As far as the engine...the factory put together a tuneup manual:

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=24_tuneup

The Lube Order will give you the stuff to use, how much of it and when to do it:
    http://www.m715zone.com/vb/pages/manuals/lubeindex.pdf

I agree on the brakes completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Barrman View Post
    I would suggest you pull a drum off and peel the dust covers from the wheel cylinder out enough to look in. If yours is like the rest of ours, all kinds of funky looking gunk will be living in there and only one of the two pistons at most will actually move if you push the pedal. Just pull it apart and clean everything real good.

The rest of your list looks ok.
    Thanks for the info on the brakes. I was fiddling with them last night mashing on the pedal to build up some pressure. It would build up after a couple pumps and I could hear the calipers close, but then it would eventually lose pressure. Normally, that would be a sign of air in the lines, right?

The bigger problem is that I checked underneath it this morning and have a big pool of brake fluid under the left rear tire. Crap.

Except for the leak, the evaporation issue can be addressed by topping it up and pumping a bit.