Thread: Found in the Door! Neat!

Default Found in the Door! Neat!

We took the truck apart, doors off, for media blasting and heard a rattle in the bottom of the drivers door. Found a 5.56MM blank, (M-16) all corroded. Dated LC-75 so the truck was in service at least that long. Glad we did not run into this while welding the patches in the door corners!

Wow! Good thing you found that. It could have been pretty exciting- gonz
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Much more exciting than what I found in my door:

(Vintage (?) 5th Avenue candy bar wrapper)

Somebody also stuffed the remains of a road flare in there too but I can't seem to find my photo for that one.

-Brian

Is that like a baby ruth in the pool? LOL

From the pic it looks like its a blank round, is it?

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

You do find some interesting things when cleaning out or restoring old vehicles.

I found a nice pair of real diamond earrings under the backseat of a Honda coupe, that my wife still has. They were quite tiny, but the fact there was a pair still amazes me.

I've also found old matchbooks from defunct businesses, old wheat pennies, and other little stuff like that. Always reminds me of an archeological dig.

One thing I have always done on any vehicle I own, is to drop a few business cards into each door. My thought was that if the vehicle was ever stolen, it may help to identify at least a part of it. That and maybe 20 years from now someone may find it and contact me to say they have one of my former cars!
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

thats awesome.... their was someting in my truck that they jerry riged up, not sure since it was already on the floor board, but they used a pop can, and painted over it... the back side is purple and has some design on it
    my signature is sweet huh?

I have the priveledge of being allowed to scavange around in several large salvage yards from time to time. I always come out with piles of cool stuff.
    In a couple of hours I find 20-30 dollars worth of change, a few good CDs, usable tools, etc...
    Most cars and trucks have basic "hiding spots" that the owners used to stash items. I have found guns, drugs, jewlery, etc.
    I always offer to split my finds with the junkyard ownership, but the hardly ever take me up on it.
    '67 M715 '42 GPW '45 MB