Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Long time listener, first time caller

Default Long time listener, first time caller

Just took delevery today of my very first M715. As founder and President of the Northern Illinois Jeep Alliance I am not new to Jeeps or four wheeling. I am, howeve, new to these big boys. I'ts a 1967 M715 that was used by the county as a hazmat response vehicle. They had a generator mounted in the back and it still has the wiring running to outlets on the outside. I have never seen another M715 with the utility/camper shell on the back, but I like it. It's all origional as far as I know, (still learning), except for the larger tires, a gauge added to the dash and a few other minor things. Its low mileage..I'll post the actual mileage later after I verify it.
    Can anyone tell me more about the camper shell? Was it a factory option?

How do I post pictures?
    Heres a link to some of them

http://jeepalliance.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4368

First off, CONGRATS and WELCOME!!

Looks like a nice truck...the camper shell is not military and not stock for an M715...sorry...

To post pics you just need to put them in this format...if you do, they will display here:

Code:
    [img]insert www. address of the image here[/img]

Not military and not stock huh? oh well... I kinda like it. Its gotta get painted but I still cant decide on a color...I was thinking about a satin black...kinda like a spec opps military look.

I have seen a few NG units put camper tops on M880 and CUCVs which are civilian pick-up trucks militarized. I don't think that is the case here as most likely the former owner (county or city maybe) put it on.

Welcome to the madness. What no one has told you is you are now infected with OD fever and it is only a matter of time before you get the itch to purchase another piece of OD iron...

Oh and paint the truck flat forest green....It will look good that way...
    Zone holster maker

I like he topper a lot. I think black would be great for that truck. I bet that would make a great camper.

Thanks guys