Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M715 newbie help - picture heavy

Default M715 newbie help - picture heavy

I am a CJ guy and saw this sucker and Wow. I didnt want to come in here and ask you all a genartic "how much is this worth" thread and not give you anything to work with so. I know how much info you all need to even get an idea. So I took a lot of pics and asked a few questions to the owner. I also mixed a few questions in with the pics.. This thing is for sale and I am wondering what a good price would be. I dont want to overpay. What should I offer this guy

It runs great, and 4wd works. Driveable but not street legal.

more pics to follow

What should I look for on this thing? problem areas?

Default More pics

Is that a stock top? is it removable?

That truck looks stock and reasonably unmolested. You didn't include pics of the motor. Check that the wiring hasn't been molested as well but it looks as though it hasn't.

That top is made using the stock frame/bows with sheet metal riveted to it. It is not stock and it is removable although with some effort.

Check for rust in the rockers and the floor pans. If they are solid then then truck is most likely solid all the way around. Rust can be a problem but is not a show stopper. Throw out those floor mats asap. All floor mats/carpet does is trap water and result in rust and corrosion.

Seats are not stock and battery box is missing so batteries are probably under the hood.

Overall the truck looks good and complete with tailgate and no major body dammage in the pics you posted.

The price you pay for it is up to you. The seller should have a price in mind otherwise it wouldn't be for sale. I would put the value at $1500-$2000 depending on running good or not.

It looks like the For Sale sign says $1,000. If this is the case, I would buy it.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

I saw the sign too. If it said $1,000, it'd be in my lot already.....Heck even if it needed major work, it would be worth it at that price as long as the body wasn't toast.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Fully agreeing with all the information above, look specifically at the rear cab corners and behind the seats for rust in the floor pan. A photo of the engine compartment does provide a lot of information.

Additionally, the mirrors are also not stock, nor are the "big" red headlights, ammeter, keyed ignition and the emergency brake shift lever. These items are easy to replace. That looks like a nice truck, and if that window sticker indicates $1000, it's priced on the quick-sale side of the scale.

The price says minimum of 1000. The money is going to a non-profit FD chairty. the guy is not trying to get the $. just want some jeep lover to own it. and cause it chairty money I dont want to hose this guy.

My truck came with the same basic top. 143 rivets drilled out later and it was removable. I can put it on or take it off in about 20 minutes.

Just to add to all the others. Buy it for $1000. The tailgate with the hinges is worth almost 1/2 that price.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeman View Post
    The price says minimum of 1000. The money is going to a non-profit FD chairty. the guy is not trying to get the $. just want some jeep lover to own it. and cause it chairty money I dont want to hose this guy.
    That's a great tax deductible purchase. Give the guy $1500 and write the purchase off for a $450 tax savings, so your real cost is essentially $1050.

In what town is its location? The vultures are circling.