Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiberglass Cab Top

Default Fiberglass Cab Top

Ran out of time to post - trouble with inserting link.
    Last edited by rip68; March 17th, 2008 at 06:46 PM.

Will this fit an M715 as stated in auction?

http://cgi.ebay.com/MILITARY-JEEP-M7...QQcmdZViewItem

I like how they say that there is a small crack but don't provide a pic so that you can see... a big pet peave!

Oshkosh eh? bout 100 miles from me...

Personally, I think no for 3 reasons:

1: The ad says it fits M37, Powerwagon and M715...there is no top that can fit all three without some pretty wild looking adapters.

2. The distance from the vertical pillar to the windshield end, the flat top of the roof, looks too short and the rear height seems a little short as well.

3. I have seen several types of M715 top and have never seen one like that.

Oh, hey, another one that pretty much deletes it from the M715:

4. I know the distance behind the vertical pillar to the rear is waaaaay too short to fit from the M715 door to the back of the cab...my hard top is AT LEAST twice as long there.

I bet M37 top.

I cannot answer with any certainty, but I find it hard to believe that the top would provide a tight fitment for all vehicle types mentioned in the add. However, it is likely to fit only one of them properly. The contours of the top look familiar to the M715. However, I am not too familiar with the M37 cab design.

An interested party could contact the seller and request the dimensions and compare the length and width with the M715 cab. Unless I'm mistaken, the M37 cab is shorter in length, but may be greater in width than that of the M715.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

The 715 windshield is considerably wider than the M37 and Power Wagon, too, so the top width would be wrong as well as the length.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Yeah, I thought the list of applicable vehicles was a bit long. If anyone hears of a fiberglass top for sale let me know.

I did have you in mind if it would've fit Jon.

M37 is shorter in length and width...much like the old Power Wagons...have spent time in each.

I am certain that top cannot fit the M715...I bet on the M37 personally.

Update:
    I was looking at my truck today...the area behind the door to the rear is actually closer to the ebay top than I thought though I still think mine is longer by a little bit...so I did some measuring to see how close their numbers might be...

They list:
    41" DEEP...mines measures 44 3/4" from windshield to rear...I think thats what they mean.

25.5" TALL...mine is 23 1/2" at highest...could vary a little....

BUT...

They list:

BASE WIDTH 66.5", I assume this is the width at the bottom of the rear...it is roughly 55-56 inches on mine.

FRONT WIDTH 60.5", I measured mine at the windshield at the widest point, 54 7/8"

I dont know what it could be for...and I guess the pics had me fooled on size, but it appears to be for a wider than M715 cab that is roughly the same height and length....but the widths are out there...

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by brute4c View Post
    but it appears to be for a wider than M715 cab that is roughly the same height and length....but the widths are out there...
    Deuce cab maybe? The shields are a bit larger, I know on the M35's....
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I am thinking duece but I dont know for sure...funny thing is those guy sell all kinds of mil trucks...been by the place a few times...they should know better than this.