Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of the 715

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Default Pictures of the 715

Well, after the whole of the winter, its finally tagged, insured and on the road!!

Runs good with a few minor bugs, but nothing earth-shattering.

Still need to pick up the front bumper (be down to see you soon Grantshire!) and finish the lettering. Then there's the pioneer tools, and other little stuff. Are they ever really done though? Just enjoying being able to drive it to town now, instead of pick up parts for it in town as has been the norm for the last year...

Oh and here's the rundown:

Fuel injected 402 Chevy
    TH400 auto trans
    Aluminum radiator
    Stock transfer case and axles
    Power steering
    Power brakes
    38.5 TSL's
    Painless wiring
    Sun guages

"Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Looks VERY nice!!!!!!!

Looks Good. What are you using for wippers and wipper arms and motor?
    Zone holster maker

Randy..............your truck looks Awesome!!

I'll just keep saying this,,, I'm right behind ya! You beat me and so did Todd, It's got to feel good. Looks great Randy!

Dang! That is super clean, I like it.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

Great job. It feels good don't it. I should have mine finished, hopefully in a few weeks.

That truck is real nice. It looks like you've got a nice big shop. Is that where you run your business, or have you got good space in there for hobbies such as the truck restoration?

I know this has been discussed before, and I'm simply making an observation, but is it difficult to get the "crinkles" out of the fenders on these trucks? I've never attempted to do so myself, but I'm sure the day will come when it will be required.

I've never thought much more of these trucks than good strong "beater" rigs, but the more I see of these good looking restorations like the above pictures, the less I'd like to "beat" on my own. The M715 styling makes for a really nice looking truck when they're all cleaned up.

Quote Originally Posted by MarknessMonster View Post
    That Is that where you run your business,

is it difficult to get the "crinkles" out of the fenders on these trucks?
    Thanks for all the great compliments!

Yep, that's part of my shop. The other half is obscured by the part you see. Its around 4,000 Sq ft and houses all the bike stuff, and has one vehicle bay that held the 715 all winter.

I didn't get too worried about the body as far as some small stuff, because I do plan to use the truck, so there is a possibility that it may get another ding or two. I'm sure that with enough time and care, the body could be made as smooth as anything else. When I start my Mazda project, I will post up a couple of pics. It's very rough, but will come out nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by k8icu View Post
    Looks Good. What are you using for wippers and wipper arms and motor?
    The wiper motors are the stock vacuum units and with the 396, after cleaning the filters, they work no problem.

The arms are NAPA parts. I used the same application for a mid 70's Jeep DJ (postal jeep) and they work perfectly with a quick coat of OD. I'll try to remember to post up the part number tonight.