Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for USMC M715 photos in Vietnam

Default Looking for USMC M715 photos in Vietnam

Does anyone out there have actual photos of any USMC M715 in Vietnam?
    If you do could you email them to sgtmacusmc66@yahoo.com
    SSgt McIntire USMC (active)

Good luck, I have been looking for the last 5 years and still have not found one. I am thinking we never used them in nam only in places like oki or back in the states. Have you tried going over to your motor-t and looking at their history records or older photos? I tired when I was at New River but no luck. Are you looking for the paint scheme?

GySgt Franklin USMC (active)

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

A lot of Vietnam vets I have spoken to, recall the trucks, but generally they all say the same thing: They were used by the military, but rarely in Vietnam. It does seem that the ones in Vietnam were used around airbases, and larger HQ areas, more so than in the bush.

On the forum here there is at least one picture of a 725 in Vietnam.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

I believe few 715's made it to vietnam during the war. I believe they used older equiptment first, and only when there wasnt much left did they bring in the 715. Perhaps for exceptions of a special unit coming in and bringing 715's with them. Pics of a 715 in country are scarce. Another place to look for pics is the Library of Congress National Historical Records.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

I have contacted Army Historical Records, Library of Congress, National Archives and the Army Atomotive Tank Command and goten nothing from any of them at all...not one pic, not one bit of text...its like the trucks never existed.

I too have searched and searched with no result. However, I did come across an interesting library site with many photos of Kaiser and Willys Jeeps at the factory in Toledo, Ohio. Could not find even one picture of M715 or M725.

Here is the link:

http://66.213.36.5/image.asp

You can get creative with the search words.

Hope this is on topic!!

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

You know its funny, bt as Brute said, its like these trucks didn't exist.

I have looked through many of the numerous Jeep books and catalogs out there (not all mind you!) and most only mention the M series trucks in passing and only one or two have a picture.
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

They Made Trirty Thousand Thers Got To Be Some Some Were Ive Been Lookin Too Jophnny

Have fun...let us know if you find something...I have been looking for 10 years plus.

As I said before....they were sent to the units fighting the "real war" in 68 the Cold War. That is why you can find many pics of them in Germany or on bases of units that would deploy in a moments notice to Germany or over in S. Korea but not in nam.

BTW I used "real war" kind of toung and cheek. Vietnam was most defently real....but in the thinking of the military at that time it was a distraction from the big focus.
    Zone holster maker