Thread: Kaiserjeeps in action!

Default Kaiserjeeps in action!

Visited Fisherman and Kaiserjeeps today as they were nearing completion of Fisherman's awesome M715! Basically just a bug or two to work out and the taillights to connect and the wiring will be finished.

Here's Al hooking up all the ground wires. He was in that position most of the day. I think he likes it too!

Al does great work. Sorry I couldn't stick around to see it run. Should be soon though!
    -- Tim Taylor

Jeez Binford, only one picture of Fisherman's truck!

The contrasting colors theme in the cab looks pretty cool. I think that is a roll bar toward the rear of the cab...nice fit. Either it is an illusion or I correctly see 5 shift levers/sticks through the cab DT tunnel. Maybe that is a PTO lever near the top of the gentleman's head?

If I may offer one critique, it would be in regards to the wheel column tachometer. I've never found the aesthetic value in this component mounted in such a manner on any vehicle, as it has always appeared to be an afterthought. If I were to have the talent to put together such an excellent restoration of a M715, such as you possess and have done, I'd have both a stock gauge plate and a modified plate with the tachometer incorporated within the gauge cluster. The stock gauge would be utilized if I ever wanted to remount a stock appearance. Otherwise, I'd run a modified plate with 6 gauges.

You do great work Fisherman. I might suggest that my friendly opinions or critiques are shared only as potentially helpful ideas, as that resto-mod has got to be a huge undertaking and thus, difficult to consider all available options. Congratulations on being close to completion of that excellent project.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Al's position looks very familiar as the underside of the dash is all I have seen of my truck lately as well!

Keep up the excellent work though. Looking great!
    "Free advice is worth what you pay for it."™

Quote Originally Posted by MarknessMonster View Post
    Jeez Binford, only one picture of Fisherman's truck!

The contrasting colors theme in the cab looks pretty cool. I think that is a roll bar toward the rear of the cab...nice fit. Either it is an illusion or I correctly see 5 shift levers/sticks through the cab DT tunnel. Maybe that is a PTO lever near the top of the gentleman's head?
    Indeed it is exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by MarknessMonster View Post
    If I may offer one critique, it would be in regards to the wheel column tachometer. I've never found the aesthetic value in this component mounted in such a manner on any vehicle, as it has always appeared to be an afterthought. If I were to have the talent to put together such an excellent restoration of a M715, such as you possess and have done, I'd have both a stock gauge plate and a modified plate with the tachometer incorporated within the gauge cluster. The stock gauge would be utilized if I ever wanted to remount a stock appearance. Otherwise, I'd run a modified plate with 6 gauges.
    That had been the plan. Brandon is working on the custom gauge panel, but the wiring had to be done before it was ready, so he installed it this way as at least a temporary installation.
    -- Tim Taylor

Hopefully Fisherman will post some pics of the exhaust system! Very...unique. Heh, heh, heh....

I didn't take any overall pictures of Fisherman's ride. For one thing it needs to be outdoors for that, and for another, the fenders and such still need to get installed. I'll let him post the pics when the time is right.
    -- Tim Taylor

I agree with the tachometer placing. It was supposed to be mounted in a new customa gauge panel. And someday maybe it will. Until I can get one it will reside where it is currently. At this point in time I haven't found someone who can roll a bead around the edge to look factory. Maybe I'll have to make my own down the road with or with out the rolled bead edge. Since its not factory does it have to look factory? It's progressing slowly, but surely.