Thread: I am new

Default I am new

Hi i am from Saudi Arabia
    i have found m715 with a man how get it from
    an army cars sell and i am planing to bay it but
    worried if the the truck in stoke can go rock crawling.
    we in sa don't have any abs air lockers and if
    the sierra 1500 1993 is butter...

If I understand your question properly, I believe that you are indicating that you've found a Kaiser M715 in Saudi Arabia, where you reside. The vehicle is being decommissioned from the Army and you are planning on buying it, but you are worried about whether it would be a good off road vehicle in stock condition. Your other option is a 1993 GMC Sierra 1500. You also do not have access to ABS air lockers there in Saudi Arabia.

The stock M715 is a very heavy and capable off road vehicle, that can perform well in rock crawling situations. It has a low gear ratio in the axles and a low 1st gear ratio in the T98 transmission. This will allow you to "creep" through the rock fields. Additionally, it is a high clearance vehicle which also assists in rocky terrain.

The disadvantages that you may encounter include the age of the vehicle (these are old trucks), which encompasses manual steering, under-powered motor, full time front axle engagement and non-powered drum brakes, among other issues. You may desire to upgrade these components, and that may not be easy or practical based on your location. Additionally, because it is an old truck, you may experience component breakage that may not be easy to repair due to a scarcity of parts and your location.

With the above explanation, it may seem more wise to purchase a primary off road vehicle that is newer and more modern, such as a GMC Sierra 1500. Upgrading components on such a vehicle would be easier to acquire and much less expensive.

However, the fun factor of driving a classic, unique, convertible truck is very enticing. I hope that you have found this information helpful, and welcome to The M715 Zone.

After some additional thought, I've considered the prospect of the manufacturer of vehicles predominantly found in your homeland. If I think of other foreign countries where off road vehicles are utilized, I can recall Mercedes, Land Rover, Subaru and possibly toyota vehicles being seen frequently.

In regards to replacement part acquisitions, it may be best to stick with the type of vehicles that are predominant in your area. When I think of "off-roading", I also think of broken parts and it wouldn't be much fun to be stranded.

thank you for the info
    i am one of the classic cars lover. i own a fj70 short wheel base
    but the M715 made me crazy.
    the truck is in a good condition without an engine i think of the gmc Yukon 350 engine
    and the other parts i will use back ground in fixing old cars to combine parts for it .
    and thank you again

If you haven't seen the following thread, I thought you might enjoy it, as it's a little closer to your "neck of the woods"...err... "corner of the sandbox".

M715 in Pakistan

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_oxo View Post
    thank you
    You are very welcome. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Please keep in mind that there is a strong translation curve to interpreting your posts, but we'll inevitably provide the information you are requesting.

The M715 Zone is a very friendly family of M715 enthusiasts that have proven to be more than generous with technical help offerings. If you are ever in question of an offensive post or reply, it is most often made in jest and is not meant to be a personal attack. Such as the post above by "vrod02", who is sort of the red-headed step child of The M715 Zone.

Personally, I appreciate the quick wit found in many of the replies by members, as it lightens things up at the end of a hard day of work. Keep that in mind and have a fun and knowledgable experience on the M715 Zone.