Thread: still lookin get 715 from kansas

Default still lookin get 715 from kansas

posted a few times already got hit back write away thanks to gimpy and gator got a few calls and mails out think i got weight wrong book says the715 weght is 3300lbs is that true ive got to let the hauling co. know this any one want to see it EBAY #330203062208 "THIS IS REALLY A GREAT SITE ILL BE HERE FOR LIFE THANKS AGAIN JOHNNY"

You should count on the actual weight of the truck to be approximately 5500 lbs or 6000 lbs if the truck has a winch. Probably better to overstate the actual weight when dealing with freight companies.

From what book did you get the 3300 lb information?

Yeah, I'd base it on 6K.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

pulled out of the manual i think what they mean going around a curb as curb wight johnny ill let them know thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnny rezny View Post
    pulled out of the manual i think what they mean going around a curb as curb wight
    http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=20chap1-2

Curb Weight is the total weight of a vehicle without driver or cargo, but includes items such as fuel and any standard apparatus. This differs from Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, or GVWR, as the total weight of a loaded vehicle per standard manufacturers specifications (i.e. a fully loaded vehicle including driver, passenger and cargo bed full to the specified weight capacity).

In this case, I'd assume the stated curb weight of the M715 is inclusive of troop seats, bows and canvas, as well as axe, shovel and mattock. Although, the cargo bows, canvas, and shovel are not shown in the visual depiction of the vehicle in the manual link above.

The curb weight of an M715 without the winch with a soft top and troop seat and 1/4 tank of gas is 5350 lbs...for mine anyway...on a scale.

The manuals list 5500 lbs.

I wouldnt expect less than 5000 unless there is a severe amount of rust or alot of missing parts, like the bed or example.

Use 5500 as a fair estimate...use 6000 to be on the conservative side a little...never a bad thing in such situations.

Add 500 pounds for a winch truck.

WOW! there is about 1000 pnds more added on the 725 due to the box. emporia isnt very far from me at 130 miles north if I can be of help

not really sure what you can do for me the guy who sold me this cool piece is really nice guy his names roger ive got it paid for ive just got to get here thanks for all your in put johnny

Just call a transport company, pay them the $1500, and get the truck up to MI. It's funny how eBay purchases can get so expensive.

Personally, I dislike eBay, because every ordinary Joe puts their field trucks on there and some sucker always bids too much for them. Gone are the days when a decent price could be paid for an old classic down the road, because some guy 2000 miles away has just got to have it. Then the guy kicks himself after he tries to get it transported.

One good thing about eBay is that it created a whole new market and industry for hauling old and used vehicles around the country.

You could try posting on one of these: http://www.carhaulnetwork.com/
    http://www.uship.com/