Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hercules Diesel Swap info.

Default Hercules Diesel Swap info.

I have line on a pretty nice DT3.7 with a Ford T-19 setup form a bread van, The engine runs nice with no blow by. I'm probably going to buy it next week, but I have some questions on the swap.

Are the T-19 and T-98 interchangeable? Will I be able to bolt it up with new motor mounts?

Any other info on what's required? Mars is no help.

What no responses? It's political isn't it?

Just not done very often so not much experience with them. Go for it. Can't be too much more difficult than a 4bt swap.

I have heard those trans are interchangeable, but there is a few input shafts. So you could have different length shafts meaning a different bell or shaft swap. Never even seen one of those motors, but have heard good things about them. Thats all the help I can offer.
    "We are here for the meeting!"

MARS will only sell the complete kit and are a bit coy with other info. Perhaps the Zoners who have one will proffer some pictures of thing like the engine mounts, etc.

Go to the forum on this site and ask. It is for M-37s, but it is kind of a common swap on the old Dodges, so it may be worth a try.

http://www.g741.org/

Good luck.

Dave

Greg: are you getting the t19 with the engine? I'm assuming not, but it wasn't clear. I have nothing on how the engine mounts are. I hope someone with a herc will post some pics and measurements for you- gonz
    Come and take it
    Go work at joann fabrics if you can't shoot a gun

Why not swap the whole motor and trans together. It came out of a bread truck so I'm going to assume that it will do high way speed. Then you all you'll have to do is fab some motor mounts up.
    Zone holster maker

I know the t-18 and t-98 can interchange some parts, main shafts I know, and the t-19 is similar but I think they changed where reverse is from the 18/98. Also Ford IH and jeep have different shaft lengths and mounting tabs.

I get the whole thing--it's still in the van frame and runs. My thought was to swap the engine and tranny together or as a alternative try to work out mating the Herc to the T-98. I looks like the T-19 will pretty much fit the same way as a T-98, so that would be my preference, then figure out the mount stiuation. The orininal mounts are included as well.