Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M715 - M725 Gold mine found - Important!

Default M715 - M725 Gold mine found - Important!

Wanted to pass on some info that I hadnt seen here yet and I think most of you west coast guys would like to know about. I happened on an used equipment yard today that had the most M715 and M725 stuff I have ever seen in one place. I believe they call themselves Equipment Sales, and have a phone #559-674-8781. I'll bet there was eight 725's and at least that many 715's. Most appeared to be missing only gauge clusters, radiators, and carbs (dont know why). They also had a half dozen 715 beds in various conditions already removed. They are located off hwy 99 at Avenue 17 I believe, North of Fresno. They are in the process of moving and want to get rid of ALL this stuff. They also told me the SCRAPPER is scheduled to be there in 3 weeks and if I wanted anything I should call JIM (owner) Asap.

Anyway, tons of great parts there, most of the bodies had rust from minor to major, some had very little.

Very nice people there, I'd hate to see any of this stuff get scrapped. Hope it helps.

steve

WOW!! Great post...THANKS!!

Anyway you could get a few pics maybe?

Do you know if they would ship stuff...even large stuff? Someone looking for a bed might be able to get one this way.

I wish I had the money and the means to buy it all up to keep it from ruin.

They had cheap 11.00 x 16 xl's about a month ago. I am not sure if it was just the one set or if they had more. I bid on them on ebay.

Twin city Equipment sales/ National hardwre supply 24766 avenue 17 Madera ca 93638. www.buydozers.com 559-674-8781.
    Is this the place? about 50 acres of trucks and machinery? I have called them looking for big truck parts, never thought to ask about a m715.

I am just curios since I have sent your crossmember out to you,how many cross members did they have?do they have any of the hood mnt blackout lights?I bet if you are not able to buy all of the trucks they would let you cherry pick all the goodys off of them real reasonable before the scrap man gets them,I am waiting on a simular deal here a man has a m135 50 mi from me on ebay he said he was going to scrap it but decided to try it once on ebay,i emailed him and told him I wasnt able to take the whole truck that if it doesnt sell on ebay I would like to get some parts off it before he scraps it he is very interested it has a few days left I hope to get all the parts to complete my 135 at a great price,3 weeks not a very long time to move 20 or 30 trucks

If no one from here buys them, someone should tell the owner to put them on Ebay, one by one He'll get much more money than if he scraps them. At least the trucks would be saved.

I used to drool over those trucks when I was a senior in high school, 1986.

Wow some guy was just telling me about that place last sat. I was sure he didnt know what he was talking about, since I thought others would have discovered and gotten those long ago.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Quote Originally Posted by 503m715 View Post
    Twin city Equipment sales/ National hardwre supply 24766 avenue 17 Madera ca 93638. www.buydozers.com 559-674-8781.
    Is this the place? about 50 acres of trucks and machinery? I have called them looking for big truck parts, never thought to ask about a m715.
    Yes, this is the place. I guess they had some heavy machinery parked in front the the M715 stuff for years and years, then they just moved it making them visible from the 99 freeway. I was thinking the same thing as you Brute4C, but I didnt have a camera, sorry. I didnt ask, but I got the impression they were more interested in scrapping all these than parting them out or shipping. They were helpful, but they've got their hands full with 50 acres of stuff that actually can make them some money!! I think the only way (short of buying several) to make smaller purchases is to call Jim and set up an arrangement for you or someone else to go pull the parts prior to the scrapper. They are in the process of relocating to Ave 12 @ 99 and have a huge job ahead. They are good people but they do have their priorities.

Someone else asked about blackout lights and hood parts, yep, they have more than you can count.

Like I said they are an hour and a half away from me, so I cant really just run over their and negiotiate for anyone, best just to call Jim at the #.
    Good luck

As I menioned above they have been there since the mid 80's. I tried to buy one back then and the salesman wanted $4000 for one that was sitting on the axles with no motor. I don't know if he saw me as a punk kid and just wanted to run me off or what. I used to buy a lot of stuff from National Hardware. They had EVERYTHING!!! The hardware store was/is on Blackstone avenue in Fresno. Their equipment yard was in Madera. I sure hope they don't scrap them.