Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camo Paint

Default Camo Paint

It has taken me longer than I wanted but I am finally getting my truck back together. I am going to paint it in Camo. What I need to know is what is the base color that is used and also is the frame painted camo or is it just black? Also are there any tips you can tell me? This is not the first truck I have painted but this is the first truck that I am painting in Camo.

Thanks

This might help some: http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=cammo

That's in the Manuals section here.
    -- Tim Taylor

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by carmen View Post
    is the frame painted camo or is it just black?
    There's been some discussion over this in the past, and of the few trucks I have seen, and the other I have talked to, there isn't a clear picture of what is correct.

My '67 715 was pretty original, albeit painted a funky camo pattern on the body, but not underneath. The frame was black with OD on the outside of the rails and overspray on the inside of the rails, leading me to believe it was black on asssembly, then the whole truck was sprayed OD afterward. The diffs were partially painted OD and left bare in other places.

What cammo pattern are you going to use. The four color MERC pattern used in the 70s or the three color NATO pattern used mid 80s to present? The MERC 4 color would be correct for the M715 while the NATO would not be. Then you need to figure out are you going with the pattern for Germany or the pattern for say Panama? It makes a difference. But to answer your question the base color is Forest Green 34079.
    Zone holster maker

I want to go with the 4 color camo. I remember seeing and reading about how to go about doing this but I just can't remmenber where it was. Also there was a color chart showing which colors to use if you went green, brown or white. I have a MB Jeep and a M37 already OD and just want to have something different.

Thanks

Carmen

Forest Green, Field Drab (brown), Sand and Black. That will give you the most common 4 color cammo job and will look really cool!
    Zone holster maker

this is not official, i made this so i could see what the different colors would look like

1]Summer US & Europe
    2]Winter US & Europe
    3]Snow - temprate w/trees
    4]Snow - temperate w/open terrain
    5]Gray desert
    6]Red desert
    7]Tropics
    8]Winter Arctic

I'm thinking of painting my m715 the snow-temprate w/trees colors
    "An axe. A real axe. An 'I'm out of ammo, let me grab the axe', type of axe!" steelsoldier FrankUSMC

Now that is what I was looking for. I like them all. The summer in US or grey desert is pretty cool. Now is there a site or information on 'How to Paint' those colors on. What I mean to say is there a base coat followed by ? then followed by ? and finially by the last coat?

Since I have a new cargo and cap canvas top which is OD and will not be painted I am leaning to the green.

Please keep me posted.

Thanks

Carmen

Default Twodogs ? had one painted

a member here had one painted camo that is nice ,hopefully he will post up a pics of his.

I have never painted a truck camo... don't know the official procedure... and i'm sure theres more than one way to do it...

anyway if i ever get around to painting my m715 camo i'm going to follow what Sarge did over on steel soldiers...

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?n...576&highlight=
    "An axe. A real axe. An 'I'm out of ammo, let me grab the axe', type of axe!" steelsoldier FrankUSMC