Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: napa parts... HELP!!

Thumbs down napa parts... HELP!!

ok im looking for oil filters, a new fuel filter, and spark plugs for my m715... unsurprisingly i cant find m715.... i know its civies version is the gladiator (correct me if im wrong).... but i went on napaonline and found 8 choices... can someone tell me which one it is (or if i can even use anyone of them)... and while im here.... which is the correct engine (L6-232ci 3.8L 1 BBL Vin 1) OR (L6-232ci 3.8L 1 BBL Vin L)... they asked me this on autopartsgiant.com... mahalo (thanks) to newun who can help...
    Chris
    Medic
    Special Troops, 40th ID

The oil filter is a Napa 1515 or equivalent.
    I dont know if the stock fuel filter is made by anyone anymore...never looked...any generic type hose mounted filter will work as long as it is for the fuel line size you have.
    Plugs are an autolite 2344 or equivalent.

The engine must be listed as the 230 OHC or 230 Tornado. The 226 and 232 are NOT the same and wont give you what you want.

Also, the civilian 230 OHC or 230 Tornado engines have several differences from our military versions, just so you're aware....
    -- Tim Taylor

NAPA No Auto Parts Available. Had to say it. You are in the right place to find your answers. Welcome if it has not been said already.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserjeeps View Post
    NAPA No Auto Parts Available.
    I've always had good luck at my local NAPA. I of course had to look it up myself, or find a part number to cross over, but no real problems. Many times the stuff I need is in stock.

Now the chain stores on the other hand, that's a different story......

Ditto on the chain stores. I have been through a couple different NAPA's and finding a good counterman is difficult. We are not the standard water pump, replacement wiper blade crowd for sure. It usually involves some type of searching. Some like the challenge and most do not. The internet is a good thing for finding stuff I have found. Just takes longer sometimes. Thanks Mr. Gore!!!
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

If you establish a good relationship with the parts store, (read: spend a lot of money ) they'll usually let you behind the counter to look at the good 'ol catalogs. Most of the young 'uns there rely too much on the computer, and if it says they don't have it, then they figure its unavailable, and that's as far as it goes.

Most of the McParts companies databases are surprisingly limited. I have had my hands on Advance and AutoZone personally and they just don't cover anything but 20 years and newer. In that, they generally have excellent listings for filters, tune-up, etc, but ask for anything unusual and you get the blank stare from the college dropout.

Bring in a part number and if you get the wrong counterperson, you'll also get: "What does it fit?" That one is my favorite. I usually reply: "A 54 Hudson Hornet...."

I was ordering a whole bunch of oddball stuff for the 715 and the deuce from the local napa recently and the old-timer counter guy asked me how I knew all the part numbers. I said I looked 'em up on your website. He responded I've looked this stuff up, and I can't even find the part numbers!

Between the 'Zone and ss, I walk in with every p/n I need and the counter guys think I'm some kind of genius. What they don't know won't hurt 'em.

You can't tell them the secret to your power Adam. But you are right. Walking in with the part numbers or what I do these days since my local NAPA closed is find the parts on the companies website, add it to my shopping cart, print that out and then walk in with it. Avoids all kinds of confusion.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw