Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newest pics..

Default Newest pics..

Im getting so anxious but getting depressed at the same time. Truck ran great yesterday, but today its rough idle and just not in the mood to drive..but did get it to 45 on the nose and death wobble kicked in. Going to try to rotate and add a steering stablizer. Hopefully Ill be able to get some tires from gimpy soon.

Well either way. It appears that my front tires are leaning out I can tear apart a regular king pin 60 but never done these and IM just tired of working on it EVERY weekend instead of trying to register it and drive it around. Ive been putting in a lot of money and hours and still doesnt feel like Ive gotten as far as Ive spent. Viperman comes in and buys one and allready has it tagged and driving around town, that makes me sad. I want mine shocking the hoity toity snobs around here too.

Either way. here are some pics..Ill quit ing and moaning.

Default looking good

That looks great southern. I haven't even seen mine in two weeks. Been working, taking care of kid, and at hospital. Can't wait to get my hands dirty.
    67 715

Man, that trucks looks nice.

Slowwwwww down, take your time , I bought two Just to make one ,and i still dont have it running ,Still have a ton of work , sand blasting, painting , fixing all the hacked wireing. still need to find a ton of parts,Ive been working on mine since Last May. And maybe in 6 months from now I'LL be able to drive it. Are you going to the show in Ocala Feb 8,9 10.?

Default Niceeeeeeeeeeeeee Ride..........

SouthernM715
    Wow nice looking .........................
    Wish I had mine looking like that...........
    got panels on the way, got a guy who can do cab corners.....got tons of parts on order.......
    Your work has paid off, looks really good.... hope to get mine looking like that in a few months.....
    Mine's still a ratball.........peeling paint, (quick can of spray paint till the body works done, ....... but I'm getting the kinks out of it.
    I actually went to my campsite and didn't even notice the bumps and ruts, that I "lost" my PT in last week.
    Had all the 4 wheelers looking at me kinda strange.............

Where did you get the rocker panels and corners from ? I sanblasted and treated the rust , It looks good now but the rockers are trash,fill with alot of bondo,

Default rocker panels from...

B J's off Road one piece not in yet, ordered last week.... I'll let ya know if I wasted my money
    I searched HIGH/LOW for cab corners without luck.
    Sooooooooo, I talked a buddy at work into making them for me...He retired from a body shop (20yrs) and came to work for us. He thought it would be fun to make some body parts for a mil truck.

Rhoadesville, Virginia (five miles from no place)

Know the feeling Southern, but sometimes a little break from the truck can be good. I find that if I stay on a project for too long I start getting burnt and it shortens my patience.

Sounds like you aren't too far at all now. Just working out the "bugs"

I still have a few months work ahead of me, so I envy your progress!

Really starting to take shape. The soft top looks much better than the homemade hard top that was on it. good luck with it. Next you need to find some troop seat for the back.

Dave
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M715 weapons carrier:http://www.davidallenracing.com/M715.htm
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M35a2 2.5 ton cargo truck: http://www.davidallenracing.com/M35A2.htm
    1968 M51 Inflatable Chemical Shelter System http://www.davidallenracing.com/M51.htm
    1953 Dodge M37 weapons carrier http://www.davidallenracing.com/M37.htm
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.i2k.com/~schwarzd/

truck looks great and i agree with beast get some troop seats they change the attitude of the truck... if you can't find a set of 715 troop seats you can cut down a set from a M35

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernM715 View Post
    Well either way. It appears that my front tires are leaning out
    they are set from the factory with positive camber... unless something is bent or worn out... post a pic or measurement of what you have
    "An axe. A real axe. An 'I'm out of ammo, let me grab the axe', type of axe!" steelsoldier FrankUSMC