Thread: Is there a way to trace mil history

Default Is there a way to trace mil history

Is there a data base somewhere or some way I can trace the history of my M715 with the military numbers of it's military past?

Not a good one - if you can post the military markings from the front/rear bumpers, we might be able to tell you what unit it was with, but as far as I know, there has been very little success trying to get info from the feds, as the info was usually tossed when the trucks were surplused.
    67 M725 67 M715 68 M715

Beside most info of that era is on paper, if it still exsists its a mile deep in some huge repository and they arent going to spend the time to dig it out.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Default Kinda figured that

Thought so.....We can't even find our company history either. The listing of the Ranger teams has been lost.
    I'm going to re-letter it anyhow for my old Company
    C/75th RANGERS.....
    I was hoping there might be something somewhere...........
    Thanks

Just pictue in your mind the last scene from "Raiders of the Lost Ark." Somewhere in that warehouse is a crate that might have the mouse urine stained paper which deals with your truck.

Welcome to the madness by the way. You know, you really need a Duece too. They go together real well.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

It seems all people can dig up is after the truck left the service. In a fire dept or forestry whatever. Before that it's only markings you can go off of it seems. I spent a lot of time searching for my truck history based on a couple words from the seller. It was a fuel truck for the Smithsonian's MT Hopkins observatory South of Tucson. I managed to find the guy who was in charge of my truck for many years. He sent me all the repair records and anything pertaining to the truck. I even got a rescue story on recovering an old scout. The trucks name was snowball!?? He even had the ser # memorized.

Here is the 18 mile road to the observatory my truck made so many times.

So don't be afraid to spend a few hours in research. Hope fully you will find something. It can be pretty cool when you do.
    Liz, covid, murdered 10/19/21

Would be ool to have an FE down there and drive a bunch of 'em up...would be interesting to tke a picture with a bunch of trucks lined up on the switchbacks!