Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My afternoon brought home goodies.

Default My afternoon brought home goodies.

SO I took a 3 hour drive north into jacksonville florida and bought some goodies. I was asking about the black out drive light and the fording kit because thats what I went to buy..but came home with some other things!!

Got the new bridge plate kit.

Picked up the NEW style turn signal system for 50 bucks. Along with the RIGHT fuel pump to get rebuilt and put back in service.

The fording kit with hardware and the layout sheet! Anyone see the "FREE" radio antenna?? Also got some mirrors and a FREE down pipe to build a new exhaust.

And here is a whole shot of the goodies..OH I got a B/O drive lamp and reflectors too..I think I got a good amount of stuff for what I paid.

Save those old connectors when you replace the turn signal wiring Chris. They may come in handy some day.

Well, I gotta dig through the manuals to see how the black out drive lamp wires up.

nice parts score... did you get the fender template? was the kit complete?
    "An axe. A real axe. An 'I'm out of ammo, let me grab the axe', type of axe!" steelsoldier FrankUSMC

Doesn't look complete. I don't see the flexible hose or the fording valve or the cables.
    The flexible hose in the picture looks more like the heater hose than the air intake hose.
    Looks like just the intake and exhaust.

all the hoses and cables and cover plate are all in the big bag..I didnt want to remove every piece out of the bag. But its all there. And so is the valve and the fender template. Probably going to start mounting up stuff soon as this weekend. But yeah that big clear bag under the snorter you can see the cable in a large circle and the box right beside the down pipe is the valve control.

You forgot the fuel pump rebuild instructions. Also, who remembers the name of the company that sells rebuild kits for the fuel pumps?

I THINK it was www.classicpreservation.com/fuelpumpkits.html They'll hook you up with a new set if they're the right folks.

Chief!!!!!!! Thanks again so much for those parts! I did realize once I got home that I didnt have the rebuild instructions. But seriously, go through whatever else you have and Ill see what else I need or can get from you next payday! Thanks again glad to deal with you!

By the way the antenna is quite impressive!!!!!! I put it together and its freakishly huge its like 15' long man pretty cool thanks again for that!!!!

Thats the correct flex hose for the fording kit, as long as you have the carb mounted air cleaner. Looks like you gor a good selection of parts.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Chief View Post
    You forgot the fuel pump rebuild instructions. Also, who remembers the name of the company that sells rebuild kits for the fuel pumps?

I THINK it was www.classicpreservation.com/fuelpumpkits.html They'll hook you up with a new set if they're the right folks.
    I believe I've seen this one mentioned several times too: http://www.then-now.com/
    -- Tim Taylor