Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a place for parts...

Default Found a place for parts...

Have any of you heard of Sam Winer Motors, Inc in Akron, OHio ???

This is a break off the pintle thread..

Basically I was searching google and found a for sale classified from 1998. M715 pintles for 29.00 each.. I emailed it thinking no one would reply or the email was dead but it wasnt it was these guys from ohio.

Got a number and called and spoke with Robert.. He told me he has SEVERAL take off pintles for 29.00 plus shipping. Mine with shipping and tax was 44.00! I like that price a lot.

I asked what all he had laying around and he said "from my memory working on getting a list" was a STAINLESS STEEL COMPLETE EXHAUST, lights, valvecovers, axles front and rear, tranny's, tcases, driveshafts, winches, winch parts, and other misc things..
    I would think his prices would be cheaper considering the pintle was so cheap but thats my opinion..The exhaust was 600 and change though but its factory spec just stainless. Thats bad a$$.
    Here is there number
    Sam Winer Motors, Inc
    3417 E. Waterloo Road
    Akron, OHio 44312
    330-628-4881
    330-628-0948 fax

Ask for Robert, he works the Military dept. I hope this finds parts and pieces for you and me.

I have gotten parts there. Headlamps, mil-spec spark plugs, ignitor, and a few other items. I also know they have the wheel cylinder kits.

Ohhhhhhhh no new found stash of parts

here's a list they sent me..prices dont seem to unreasonable.
    engine, core
    stainless exhaust system............$672
    spring hanger hardware, used
    steering box, used.......$50
    wheel,used..........$55
    front axle, used.........$295
    front axle shaft, L or R, used.......$125
    rear axle, used.............$500
    transfer case, used......$395
    pintle hook, used...........$29
    valve cover, new.......$35
    tie rod ends
    tie rod assy
    winch, rebuilt.........$1250
    winch parts, new and used
    flywheel, resurfaced.....$150
    heater blower motor, new......$25
    headlight assy, water tight, new......$45
    pickup bed, used......$295

I've been there, picked parts, ran around in the yards and made a pest of myself....so yeah I'm familiar. About an hours drive from me.

They had a field full of M715s in the 80s and 90s, but they thought they were gold plated or something because they wanted way to much money for them...as they do everything they have. We are talking a non-running truck with no top, troop seats etc, flat tires and damaged body parts and they were asking $3500-$4500 back 10-20 years ago. So they sat and trees grew up into them etc and about 5 or 6 years ago they started scrapping and parting them out. So the used parts are what were salvagable from the trucks that sat for 15 years or so rotting into the ground.

I tried to buy one from them several times but when they give you a price for a non running truck of $4000 you basically look at them and laugh. They smoke some weird stuff down there....They think everything they have is worth a furtune. I have watched M211 duces, M715s, WWII vehicles just rot into the ground. Now the M35s and 5ton they have are doing the same thing. It's sad really.
    Zone holster maker

You have to admit though Joe that they are nice to you on the phone when you call.

They normally have a 2 or 3 page add in MV Magazine every issue. Lots of stuff. I look through the adds and can pick out 1 or maybe 2 items out of the thousands listed as priced close to other dealers, or they have something nobody else have.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

swing and a miss again for southern

Yep, somewhere on the old site I had some pics from the last time I was there in 2004. The 715s they had were in rough shape. I took pics of all the data plates that had vins and sent them to Brute. One truck, the cab actually folded in half when I pulled the door open. It was sad to see the trucks in that kind of state of disrepair.

Dave
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M715 weapons carrier:http://www.davidallenracing.com/M715.htm
    1967 Kaiser Jeep M35a2 2.5 ton cargo truck: http://www.davidallenracing.com/M35A2.htm
    1968 M51 Inflatable Chemical Shelter System http://www.davidallenracing.com/M51.htm
    1953 Dodge M37 weapons carrier http://www.davidallenracing.com/M37.htm
    Delta Team Decals: http://www.i2k.com/~schwarzd/

So many sad stories about trucks. Since buying mine, I have seen and spoken to many folks that have tons of parts but won't part with them. One guy, here in PA, has/had 4 trucks as of last fall. All running, total military, but rusting away. Wants $8K and up for each. Also has 40' vans full of parts. Won't sell a nut or bolt. Another fellow in MD has a yard full of truck residue. Will sell parts but again, wants tons of money for a simple rusty part. Both these guys are 65+ in age and expect their trucks/parts to be worth a fortune some day. They both have had the trucks and parts for 30+ years. Their time is running out as the ship has sailed.