Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stock measurements

Default stock measurements

i was hoping maybe someone had already done the measurements and has them handy but if not,is there anyone able to take a look and get me a couple of measurements on a stock 715? looking to see what the

length is from the back of the cab to the end of the rear bumper

length from the lower edge of the front windshield to the front edge of the front bumper

the height from the ground to the top of the hood

and the height from the floor to the top of the windshield

it appears my winter project is going to be modifying the garage for a vehicle to fit.
    just in case, is it a snap to lower the windshield or is it a drawn out procedure?

and i haven't even started thinking abut where the buggy in there now will have to go once i get the 717.

thanks a lot

If my truck werent buried in snow I could make those measurements...sorry...

The winshield is lowered by pulling up on a lever on each end of the windshield. These are latches that release the winshield from its fixed position and then you can fold it down...as long as the top is off, you are good to go.

it looked that easy until i looked at the manual.it said something about bolts in the hingeframe or something so wasn't sure. thanks.

I'll be happy to measure it for you, if you really need the numbers.

But you need to roll down the windows on the doors, pull three bolts out of each "wing" window on the doors, then flip the two latches on the bottom outer corners of the windshield inside the cab and the windshield folds down. Then you're lower than 5 feet or so. Length should be in the specs.

My truck's right outside (just drove it to get the d*$&^# dog who escaped again), so if you really want a measurement, let me know.
    -- Tim Taylor

thanks i would appreciate that.

you're right, the specs did have the back of cab to the rear bumper.

the rest weren't listed.

the windshield base to bumper
    height of the windshield
    height of the hood
    and also the height of the top side of the bed.

reason is, the garage has shelves in it as it is and i want to see if i can put it in without altering or if it needs to be re done. might be able to stick the front end in under the large back shelf otherewise have to back it in.

one way or another it looks like it will definately fit...even if it has to have the windshield down. trying to see what the options are and how much of a hassle it might be.

the hard part is already done...showed a bunch of pics of your trucks here on the site to my wife and she's all for it!

Crazy woman...

I'll run out and check the measurements for ya. Stand by...
    -- Tim Taylor

To fold down the windshield all you need to do is unlatch it on each side and remove 2 bolts at the top corners where the cab top frames are attached. However to get the lower clearance you will also need to remove the cab top frames completely as well. Further reduced clearance is obtained by winding down the windows and removing the fixed side windows and if the troop racks are out the entire truck will now be the same height all the way across.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

the specs did have the back of cab to the rear bumper I got 103.5" for that

the windshield base to bumper 149" from front of windshield to rear bumper

45.5" from front of windshield to back of cab

107" from back of cab to front bumper

height of the windshield 21.5" above flat part of cowling; 78.5" from ground to top of windshield

height of the hood 57" from ground to flat part of cowling, slightly higher than center of hood

and also the height of the top side of the bed. Ground to top of bedrail is 53"

One more you didn't ask for, but might apply, the front fender was 44.5" off the ground. In case that comes close to a shelf.

Please note that my truck has XLs, which are 38" tall, vs. stock tires which are about 34" tall. So the height-above-ground measurements are probably 2 inches higher than a truck with stock tires. That said, my truck is parked in a bunch of mud, so the "ground height" was pretty rough!

Hope that helps, man! And be thankful you've got such a great wife!
    Last edited by Binford; January 4th, 2008 at 10:50 PM.
    -- Tim Taylor

LOL. yeah she's crazy. guess thats how we've been together so long!
    i see i will be busy with the tape measure in the morning. talk about thorough!

i've been passing my time reading the maint and operators manual. figured the truck in front of me would make it make more sense.

thanks everyone for all the info. i really appreciate it.

One note on removing the fixed side glass...2 of the bolts are on the inside of the door and 1 is in the door jam at the front...easy to miss.