Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Door Panel Clips

Default Door Panel Clips

For those of you who have done restorations. I am missing a few door panel clips. Anyone know where to get these? Or is there another way you have fastened the door panel to the door? I would like it to appear factory, but as long as it looks good another way to fasten the panel to the door would work as well. Thanks for the help.

Hi Todd, I could take a few out of my truck for you. Someone drilled a ton of holes in the door panels and used rubber plugs to hold the panels on. There is still a few good stock clips left, and I will prob. make some new panels out of alum. anyway.

Well actually, I went over to Lowe's and got some #10 drywall anchors and the matching pan head screws. Poked the anchors in the stock hole locations and after painting the heads of the screws to match the interior, it's almost factory looking. So far, so good.

VPW had them when I needed them...

Thanks, Mike, FNG, Brute. I'll give Vintage a call, or take you up on your offer Mike.

I used the nut inserts that work like pop-rivets. They are installed with a tool that works just like a pop rivet gun.
    DP

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat, Then decided to race them.

Not sure I've ever seen those DP. Does a bolt or screw then fasten into them to hold the panel secure?

Restoration Specialties & Supply, Inc. I downloaded their catalogue because they apparently carry some of the rubber door seals and stuff. Looking through though (there catalogue is 220 pages), they also show some clips that look like they would work for our door. They give dimensions and everything, I just haven't compared them to ours yet. Go to their website, ( www.restorationspecialties.com ) and download their catalogue, then look on page 104, there is several pages of clips.
    68 M-715
    67 M-725

Are these the same as used on FSJ's? If they are let me know how many you need and I'll send them to you.

They are all metal, the ones from restro supply i think the number is 990302 they are shiney but just paint them i think dorman used to sell them too most any good auto parts store handles that line
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710