Thread: Fresh air intake hoses????

Default Fresh air intake hoses????

I have the hood mounted air cleaner/filter. I also have the Deep water fording snorkel set up. I am looking for the hoses, one from the carb to the filter and one from the filter to the snorkel. After looking at the manuals pages, I THINK one of them is the "hose assembly, Air intake Fed Stock # 4720-163-0221"
    I can't seem to find the other, I may be blind and dumb, so could someone enlighten me? Are these hoses available, are there new hoses designed for something else that will bolt up nice and work great? Something from NAPA or a Diesel application perhaps? Thanks as always in advance!

Jeff

The carb air horn to ar filter hose is:

FSN: 2940-135-6533
    Reference Number: 11641011
    HOSE ASSEMBLY, FLEXIBLE (USED ON VEHICLES AFTER SERIAL NO. 28680 (M715), 13577(M725), 10001 (M726))

The hose number you lised is for the Fording Kit to air cleaner horn...I think on the carb mounted air cleaner. The manuals dont list a seperate hose for the carb mounted unit versus the hood mounted one. In fact, the only one I have seen who has the underhood air cleaner with the fording kit, Porkchop, had to custom the setup as no factory components were found. It would appear that the fording kit units in the later production...ie after the underhood aircleaner and governor setup changeover happened...still had the non governor/carb mounted air cleaner.

Maybe someone can show me this is wrong...if anyone has a late hood mounted aircleaner and a fording kit, please add to our knowledge.

VPW has the correct air cleaner to carb hose for that , I just got one from them. As for the fording kit I think all the kits were made before the air cleaner design change and I never found any evidence of a update kit for it. However the only problem I came across was the 2 piece crankcase hose included in the kit (for the fording valve placement)was for the first style air cleaner but i just used the bottom part and cut my exsisting hose and used it for the top, for a hose from the cleaner to the stack I got some universal heater duct hose from the auto parts store it looks good just likley isnt actually waterproof. Perhaps someone else here has come across part numbers or actuall parts for these design changes and could post them.
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710

Default What civilian equivalent?

I have a 2 barrel setup on my stock motor, along with a modified stock air cleaner. I need the hose to go from the air cleaner and the fording stack. I used in the interim an aluminum hose from a dryer vent or some thing liek that, i would like the reinforced air ducting hose. Anyone have any luck with that?
    Thanks
    Matt

if you still have the orignal carb mounted air cleaner then the hose listed in the parts manual is the one you need if you have anything else just get some universal heater duct from a auto parts store
    68 M-715 MVPA #2710