Thread: Pics of T-case shift linkage

Default Pics of T-case shift linkage

Well, I have finished my tcase shift linkage and ebrake rod connection and made all the final and proper adjustments to make it work.
    After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, consternation and frustration not to mention jamming up the tcase gears a couple of times, I decided to just go with a single stick tcase shift arrangement. Seriously I worked on figuring out just how to make it work as twin sticked for 2 days. Then I decided that I would've needed to redrill one of the sticks to change the fulcrum point on one stick to get them to move in unison with the 205 shift patern. Okay so I weaked-out, took the path of least resistance and chose the stick I liked best and went with just the one. Here's a shot of the final outcome:

Next I connected the ebrake rod and got it all adjusted:

And heres the final of my linkage work:

Next will be cab placement followed by PS assist ram installation. Any body interested in seeing those pics when I get them done?

I don't think there's anything wrong with doing a single stick, cept you dont have two of them sticking up through the floor. Do you gain anything with the twin sticks without modifying the rods?

In order to shift the tcase into two wheeled drive/high range the two sticks would've needed to angle inward toward the center ( like an inverted V) but because of the stock mounting positions of the sticks that was mechanically impossible without re-drilling the pivot point of one of the sticks. Which then would cause one stick to be much longer or shorter than the other...blah blah blah. Now as I say this, someone somewhere has figured a better way than my limited brain could devise. So again I chose the k.i.s.s. method. ya'know "keep it simple stupid"...
    The real benefits of twin sticking a tcase, as was laid out to me, are the abilities to shift into "2wd low" and "front wheel drive only" which those options aren't available otherwise. But to do that type of mod requires grinding on the shift rails that are inside the case and must be removed to do so, and I really didn't see that I would have need for that kind of versatility with the style of driving I plan to do.
    So I am happy with the install, I think it will work based on the research and opinions of those who've done this stuff before. Time and mileage will tell the tail....(wish me luck hahahaha)

Nice work.....more pics whenever you can of your nice work!!