Thread: Pictures of my ebrake

Default Pictures of my ebrake

Okay, today I wnt down to Larry's Drivetrain and took a box of parts to mix and match. First the hired help took a look at my yokes and determined that it was a Dodge. The Yoke accomodated the snap ring to the inside of the ujoint and there were no ears like on a GM and the 1310 size didn't really fit, but the Dodge 7260 did. Well since the yoke was trashed by a couple of broken ears I wanted to replace it. The owner walked upm and took a look and counted the splines and took a few measurments and said he thought he could find a gm 1310 direct replacement....so I said whatever and at that point (1 hour into this) I really didn't care as long as everthing fit and lined up...He's checking now and will be in touch with his findings.
    The one big stumper though was the flange used to mount the ebrake drum.

What I need is this exact flange but with 32 splines, ID 1.39, OD 2.125. He could not find anything that matched or even came close.
    Anybody got any Ideas or part numbers for such a thing???????? If no such item exists could someone share what they did to solve this mystery?

Next, I went back home and although flying blind I started exploratory wrench surgery on the old np 200 and the 205. I took the baseplate/flange from both to a machine shop and $50 later came away with the baseplate of the 200 matching the bearing retainer on the 205. Put in a new gasket, smeared a thin film of "Right-Stuff" and bolted it together. Here's a lame shot of that.

So now I guess I need to find the above mentioned flange, round up some proper yokes and I'm done.

Any and all help, part numbers and advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys, Tracy

I guess I didn't have to cross that bridge, the splines on the 200 are the same on the 202. Good luck, hope you find the right piece.

Tracy, I've got three stock ones from my replacement, you're welcome to them. I removed the seal protection bells fron two of them because the new ones did,nt come with them. I do'nt remember the manufacturer of my new u-bolt type but my reciete says 2-4-4191,I got them from DRIVELINES NW here in Seattle, run that # by your guy it might ring a bell. Best of luck!

Thanks, I'll do that. I really want the gm style, 1310 with the snap rings/ears to the outside just because I like them. Is your t-case a dodge?

When Joe/Ia built his truck in the early 90's we did his 205 the same way. We welded a plate on the backside of the 205's output yoke, then machined it true on the back side to accept the parking brake drum. This was a strap and bolt style yoke not u-bolts. It's held up this long with no problems. Wish i could provide better details, not sure if a picture attempt at this point would show much installed.

Okay, after a few dud hits with less than helpful companies in Arizona, I found Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts in Ogden, Utah. They offer a 32 spline flange with a 5 1/2" blank plate that can be machined to any fitment you want. They offered several versions with as many holes as you want up to and including one that looked like swiss cheese. I got the solid one. The price was the best part...$80 bucks! I actually had one guy quote me $100 more than that for the same thing. Guess you gotta watch where you get your stuff. I had it overnighted and will post pics of the before and after once I get it installed. Special thanks for all of you that took the time to offer help. Thats what makes this site the best. Tracy

Tracy, I have the dodge 205 also, sounds like you're going to change the yokes and you do'nt need my old ones, just let me know if you do. I would love to run the e-brake but I'm running a Overdrive unit on the back of mine.You're gettin it, wish I had the time to fully dive into mine! Keep at it, and the pictures too! Dan

Thanks Dan, I am replacing the yokes with the Neapco N2-4-4191 ubolt style, but thank you very much for offering yours. I'm not really familiar with the overdrive units or even how they work but it sounds like a cool thing to have. My thoughts are to just pony up the bucks and get the gears changed to 4.56 and be done with it.
    BTW, my wife says my OCD has progressed to include this truck now....she may be right.

heres where i get my flanged yokes from.
    bob
    http://www.highangledriveline.com/default.htm

A Chevy/Dodge 208 front output has a 32 spline square flange yoke that accepts a CV type shaft.Might try one of them. I am going to redo my rear shaft on my M1009 and am going to try it on my 205.On paper it look's like it will work.I have sold several,so they must be doing something with them.