Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roadster Doors Again

Default Roadster Doors Again

Summer time is here. We have hit over 90 everyday since Sunday. I needed the extra air, so I swapped the doors out again. It sure does change the way the truck feels and looks.

By the way, for those of you who have not been around here a while, these doors are what made my entire truck turn green. I had to buy the USMC paint to do the rims before I mounted the XZL's last March. I had 3-1/2 gallons of paint sitting around and needed something to do with it. I cut up a set of really rusted out stock doors and painted them green. Then the rest of the truck didn't match, so I had to paint it a little at a time. I just finished a few weeks ago by the way.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Man I really like that door set-up...hope it wont be hard to do when the time comes.

LOoks great mAan

Looks sweet. There was a guy from somewhere in middle TN that had a 715 that was desert tan and had a set of doors cut like that on it.

Default Ya mean this'n?

That is Chad's truck. Luckypabst did a cad drawing of his doors to figure out where he cut his at. I used those to pattern my doors after. I just didn't do the gentle bends he did at the top rear and bottom corners. I also left my door handle on there and functional. I drive this truck to work a lot and have trouble in nice clothes climbing through the smaller gap.

By the way, if you want to hear a funny story, ask Jon why Chad had to put Rockwells under that truck. Thinking like an airplane is part of the answer.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Huh?!?

That's the truck I was thinking of. I used to see it now and then at the Southern 4 wheel drive events. I saw it up on ebay and figured it sold.

Could have broke Chads neck getting him ready for Rockwells....somehow though it made it better...the ultimate form of Chiropratic care without a license...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

How many hours did it take you to fab those doors?
    I have extra doors laying around I was thinking about doing this to.