Thread: New M715 owner in need of info

Default New M715 owner in need of info

I just got my new member of the family this past friday - 67 M715 and I've been tinkering with it ever since. The truck starts right up and idles great, but when I put a load on it I get maybe 50ft down the road and it starts to stumble and stall. I have noticed the fuel filter has junk in it , so my guess is the engine is picking up stuff from within the tank. Has anyone drop the the tank in there truck? and how forgiving are the tank straps? I also noticed there is no spacer plate between the carb and the intake, anybody have an idea why? The only mods that were put on the truck before I bought was a 12V conversion and an electric fuel pump. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Welcome. Post up your serial number and built date for our collection please.

The fuel tank is real easy to remove. Pull it out, take it to a radiator shop and have then clean it out. Then put a filter before your fuel pump and another before your carb. Pull the needle and seat out of the carb, blow them out and put it all back together again. That should make it run like a top.

If not, look at your timing. The 12V conversion either has you running a 12V coil in the military distributor or a civilian distributor. Either way, check your timing. 6 degrees BTDC is what you want. These engines will idle great as much as 60 degrees off on timing so just because it runs doesn't mean it is right.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw