Thread: Question for Tacoma

Default Question for Tacoma

There is an old FSJ fixed up with Dana 60's disc all around, vette motor.... you can't buy the axles and mods for what this whole truck is selling for..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

You think that drive train will run in the M715?

The rear 60 is a light weight axle for an m715.
    Otherwise it would be a decent setup.
    Only real problem, that motor is a higher rpm motor, not a torque monster. And 4.88 gears is actually a step down compared to stock if you are thinking of a motor that winds up like that.

Thanks hammer, exactly what I needed to know... I'm down to frame now and need to find a Dana 60, would like 4.10 and a 14 bolt to match for rear.

I have a 6.2L and a TH400 with a 208, I believe they are good enough. But I want to do the spring over and axle swaps before I build it all back up. I contemplated just keeping the stock axles, but I want disc brakes all around and one piece wheels and new rubber.

You can always get the DRW 60/14 bolt setup. They are usually cheaper and easier to find. And they work perfectly with H1 rims.
    A dana 70 rear would be better for keeping your rear track width close to your front. And they are not limited by gear choices either.
    But the 14 bolt vs. dana 70 is it's own topic.

As for what engine/drivetrain you want, that depends on how you want to use it. That setup in the cherokee could be a good setup to use, just sell the rear axle for a profit and buy a 14 bolt with a locker. Putting discs in a 14 bolt is pretty easy really, and all parts are readily available (except a parking brake
    The other good things with it is that you will have a much easier time getting parts for all those components, vs. the cost and availibility of parts for the 6.2L start adding up. They are not hard to find parts for, but the older diesel just doesn't have the same amount of support as that newer drivetrain would.

Holy crap!

That's a terrible thing to see, so close to me.

That thing has 60's front and rear, sweet. The rear 60 will be fine in a 715, if you're not loading it to death with cargo in the bed. That is an awesome deal, but yeah, the motor is a little peaky... I'd sell it for a 454.

wow. I can't believe how cheap that thing is.

probably won't sell for that cheap, but right now it's a smoking deal.

It's not going to go for a million bucks, either. Someone is going to be really happy with that deal LOL