Thread: Stock Exhaust Removal

Default Stock Exhaust Removal

I know I posted about it, but can't find it. Anyway, Pistolnut's M715 is in my class and we have pulled the stock engine, transmision, radiator and winch off. We wanted to get the really good shape stock exhaust off without cutting it. We tried dropping the t-case down as far as the front drive shaft through the cross member allows and it didn't help. We bolted it back up. It then sat for a while and the student did other things.

Yesterday I told him to get that pipe out. He did. We had to remove the grill gaurd, but it came right out through the radiator opening. The point of this post is this. If you are making an all stock truck, install the exhaust before you install the engine. If you don't, you will have to remove the t-case and everything that hooks to it or holds it up with the engine in the truck.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Good tip Tim. I wonder what the manual says about doing this procedure on a complete truck as in replacement of stock system?
    Zone holster maker

I tried everthing under the sun without pulling the engine to get that pipe out...no way...never thought aout taking out the front like that..course the engine being in the way precluded the idea.

At least we know how it can be done now...you are the first I have heard to take it out without cutting it.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

man I wish I had a 715 to work on in my auto class....

Forget that! I wish I had my M715 at Barrman's auto shop class so he could teach his students how to swap in all sorts of cool stuff!
    -- Tim Taylor

The students have already pulled the 350 out of a donor van, rebuilt the engine, pulled all the stock stuff, gone through the winch and made it work again and done a few cosmetic things. We are about to enter the world of PTO ization. Since a 350/3052A combo is going back in the stock T-98 transmission PTO won't work for the winch. My M35(P) is going to donate the PTO drive. But, we are going to play with the stock PTO, a SM420 PTO, another stock PTO and one that I don't know what it fits and see if we can make a front/rear drive PTO for the T-98 and maybe figure out a way to make a front/rear PTO for the 3052A. I will post any postive results we get.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

Again I would think the -20 manual would address this. After all wouldn't the military have to replace the exhust on a truck at some point?
    Zone holster maker

I agree Joe. I looked before we started on the truck and couldn't find anything telling you how. It just told you to remove it.

Yep, the manuals list no more detail than that.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!