Thread: Hey, twodogs

Default Hey, twodogs

Yes, you have my old truck (although I'm not sure how it got to NC). (I just reregistered on the new site. I enjoy this forum. No new truck at this time.) A little history on the truck. After its military service the search and rescue unit out of La Grande, Oregon bought it. A man in Baker City, Oregon then bought it. He was a retired semi mechanic. He rebuilt the transfer case, diffs, and transmission (It had no leaks when I had it). This man, I think his name is Bill, used it for several years and then sold it to an Oregon State cop in Baker City. It then just sat for about 3 years until I could no longer take it just sitting and I made him an offer and he took it. (My wife and I moved to Baker City in 1999, her home town). I painted it, rebuilt (made) the troop seats and put the Beachwood vinyl, rims, tires, lockers, pintle hook, etc. on it. You are right the body was in great shape. I brought the truck with me when we moved to Grand Junction in 2003. I didn't have a place to finish what I wanted to do (reengine with a diesel and update the drivetrain). A young man about 25 miles from here wanted it and had planned on doing more work on it. He made me a good offer and I sold it. This was in 2005. If you want to see it before I worked on it, send me your email and I"ll send you some pictures.

Tacoma almost had it right, I was in the Air Force for 22 years.

Take care, topdog

Sorry, Phil! My pics were misleading as to which branch. You may strike me if I ever make it to Grand Junction again LOL. For some reason I've been taking 80 lately and I hate it.

Good to see you here, man.

Hi Tacoma,
    If you have time, give me a call sometime when passing by. I see you're still making the long trip. I thought you were contemplating moving east?

Phil

I was contemplating it, but I really do love the west too much. Unless something outstanding like a huge farm comes my way, I'm staying west of the Rockies.

Email me your number, I've gone through a couple phones since then.

Tacoma
    whitet@sisna.com