Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redundant 44"s question.

Default Redundant 44"s question.

Following some of your advice I tracked down and priced a set of 16.5 x 14 stocktons. ($225.) Anyone know of any better deals out there then this. Im getting ready to buy a house in michigan and as a young bachelor getting ready to start school the cheaper the better. Also...anyone who has gone through this...recommended measurements for the rims.."backspacing" and such..I know there are tons of debates about that but can anyone tell me the measurements they are successfully running 44" boggers on their 715?

so you're going to run like, 18" wide tires?????

Yes, 44x19.5x16.5.

Probably be wiser to put the money towards an axle upgrade, the rims will be cheaper and your axles will live longer under the stress 44" tires puts on them. Unless this is a pavement only toy.
    This post is closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.

Stock axles WONT take those tires....especially the front one.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

Alright lemme explain some things...I already have the tires...boggers, the axles are in the bag. My father restores and sells CUCV's and Blazers. He's getting ready to pick up a M1028 off an auction and I'll be scalping the D60 and Corp 14 so axles I am set on. I've been reading all your posts for about the last 3 years so I have thought alot through. I was just hoping someone who went through the issue of rims for the 44x19.5x16.5 boggers and if they could save me the HUGE hassle of measuring, guessing, trial & error. Its 6 degrees "F" outside right now here in NH..please dont make me put on the ski pants and jacket to go out with a tape measure.

The info on what axles you intend to use makes a big difference in the answer you seek....others have done this and I hope they chime in soon...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

well, unless the backspacing on those rims is about oh, I don't know, 7" or so, your new 60 isn't going to be real happy either. And I am 100% sure you are going to have some fitment issues w/the fenders, unless you're running some huge lift as well.

Your question is fairly obscure, so ease up a touch. In this application it is not so much the height of the tire you're going to want to worry about, it's the huge width.
    I can tell you that you are going to have to do a LOT of trimming. Maybe more than that, even. With a tire that wide, you're going to be smacking the hell out of the fenders.

Tacoma
    know-nothing

haha, not a problem..it wont be a trailer queen and Im not worried about a little sledge and sawsall work. As for the 7" backspacing..thats the info I am looking for...I appologize I should have been a little more clear on that. As for lift...standard SOA w/ shackle reversal as everybody does, as well my buddy's fab'ing me some custom drop hangers for this truck as well as my '02 sierra and I haven't excluded the idea of a mild body lift...3"s or less preferably..I just need to get the rims to mount the tires to see how to make them fit.

You're going to need a LOT of sledge and saw with tires that wide. But we'll see how the lift works out first. Post pics.