Thread: PS Gear/pump for 230 - price/years

Default PS Gear/pump for 230 - price/years

I found a Jeep J10 4WD pickup from the early-mid 1970's in a local yard with power steering. They want $30 for the steering box and $30 for the pump. I am not sure of the year J10, but the engine was that AMC metallic blue from the early 1970's. The year was worn off on the door jamb, but it listed tires as H78-15, so that probably was an early 1970's J10.

My questions are: Will this box fit my 68 M715? There were four bolts into the steering box from what I saw. Do you think $60 is a fair price for the steering box, pitman arm, pump and hoses (the pressure hose was newer).
    I didnt see any leaks from the steering gear...

You can bolt that box and pitman arm right up to your truck with the three bolt holes currently on your frame to hold the manual box on. Or, you can mark, drill out, sleeve and then use the 4th hole also.

The setup you described is what you need.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

My local U-Pull-It yard wants $200 for the same setup, but I could have sworn I saw a crack pipe in the guy's hand....

I'd say $60 is not at all out of line, especially if the pitman arm is included.

And check out the couple of threads that discuss how Todd (fisherman) and Bob Cowan have used the 4th bolt by the method Barrman mentioned. Good pics and all....
    -- Tim Taylor

With the steering box, pump, hoses, pittman arm and the entire column out of the same vehicle....local yard here wants $125...$60 for that stuff is reasonable...
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

$60, is what I paid p/s pump, box(4hole) pitman arm, and flex coupling. Everything bolted right up. Had to replace the pump, but that's all.