Thread: Last M715 in military service?

Default Last M715 in military service?

I remember a GL auction a few years back, where they auctioned off a '68 M726 maintenance truck. The unit was non-running, painted white (and rust) and looked as if it had been parked behind a shed for some time. That was about 2004, place was Ft. Meade.

Anyone know, are there any M715 models still in the military's service? I know state governments have them everywhere, but anyone seen them floating around any of the bases to this day?

Completely out of service to the best of my knowledge. Crane was still using one on-base for security 4 or 5 years ago, but I think even it was privately owned...

Hate to drag up an old thread, but in 1983, I drove one still in service in Honduras. I'm not sure of the whole story, might have belonged to the Honduran govt, but it was in the 525 MI Brigade motorpool, and was used regularly. We were co-located with a Special Forces FOB, and they may have originally had it.

Default Strange things happen

Along those same lines, in 2003 there was an M-37 on GL in Chambersburg. I went to see it and it was complete but the top was rotted and was rained on for some time so the interior was a mess. Sold for $8,000! Sometimes things get "lost" in the military and are later found sitting around. There are two M-151's in Chambersburg right now on the GL lot. Go over to "Steel Soldiers" and see the thread I started and pictures of them. Who would believe that? They are NOT for sale and I understand they will be scrapped. Painted desert tan. I would not be the least surprised if some 715's showed up earlier in this decade.