Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front / rear PTO

Default Front / rear PTO

Did they make a front and rear PTO that went onto the T98? Thought about a winch in the rear under the bed.

Spicer put a rear winch back there with a PTO on the Tcase. There isnt a dual pto that I know of.

Any Idea what the numbers are for the PTO on the T Case or did he change out the NP200?

He put a NP205 on both his M715's.

Tell you what, I now have a proper NP205 PTO I got from Oilcan. I still have it and the NP205 in my class. Throw those two PTO's on your shelf in the back of the M37. I can see if one of them will fit as is or try and "make" one out of the two.

Either that or I can really look at Clint's T-98 PTO also in my class right now and maybe figure out a way to make one of your other PTO output shafts fit on the back of the stock one.

Besides being oil tight and able to turn on and off, any shaft we fab up just needs to be stronger than the shear pin right? That shouldn't be too hard to figure out. I just don't want to destroy a good one trying though.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

Didn't the telephone maintenance truck have some sort of rear drive for the generator or some such? Or was that off of the rear of the transfer case?
    -What We Have, We Hold-

My 6217 has 2 pto's. One is on the t98 for the winch and the other is on the 205 for the generator.

They used 2 ptos but they didnt use the normally stock NP200 tcase...as Kwai pointed out, the NP205, with it PTO port, was used in that application.

Tim, I like the idea you had for a piggie backed PTO. I will bring both of my PTO's when we go for your other truck. One has foward and reverse (came off a 60's chev) and no idea what the other one is from but guessing a chev also. Most PTO's can hace the shaft swaped front to rear unless the housing is specific due to gearing.
    Does the NP200 have a PTO port?

No port on the 200.

Are you guys saying the NP205 came from the factory on the maintenance trucks? Those would be the mounts everybody wants pictures of.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

The M724's probably came with the np200. The 6217 maintenance truck was built sometime after 1976 (that's when manufacture date on my box) and the truck was retrofitted with the np205 at that time. My truck started life as a m715 w/w.