Thread: Governor and Carb Spacer Thickness

Default Governor and Carb Spacer Thickness

Hi guys, i have a later style m715 that has the air cleaner on the hood and ran with a governor and carb spacer. The guy before me took the governor and carb and all off to fix them but lost them. I bought a carb and im not gonna track down a governor or spacer. I have to have it running very soon for many reasons. I was curious if anyone could give me the measurements on how tall the governor and spacer are. I will need to adjust the throttle linkage and other things so those measurements would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

How about just using the earlier setup which just bolts the carburetor to the intake manifold? You would need a different air cleaner though and I am sure someone here has one that they could part with.

I tried that what I took my hood air cleaner off and the butterfly in the carb would not turn in the hole in the mianafold I had to end up putting spacer back in for it to work plus I had to take out the long spuds and replace with shorter ones

I will be happy to measure that for you.
    Let me run down to the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepdan View Post
    I will be happy to measure that for you.
    Let me run down to the garage.
    I will do that first thing in the morning.

I will do that first thing in the morning.
    The combined height of the spacer, governor, and gaskets is 2 3/8"

The combined height of the spacer, governor, and gaskets is 2 3/8"
    Thanks so much for the help everyone!