Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Gaskets Street Scoop on the M715

Default Mr. Gaskets Street Scoop on the M715

I was thinking of using Mr. Gaskets street scoop( has the three red anodized butterflies that open) on the 502. I have always liked these and it would be much better for drawing cool air. Do you think this would be a NONO with mud flying everywhere ? I suppose I could come up with a pre filter.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Probably not a good idea with water and mud flying every which way.

You really don't want any forward facing scoops on top or your engine. I have a 1951 Cadillac air cleaner on my big Block. I went through a mud pit at the FE and felt the engine stumble. I kept it running and didn't think about it until I pulled the air cleaner off at home. Dried mud all over the top of the carb. The water line never got higher than the bottom of the headlights either.

now, putting it on backward would work fine but look stupid. I like those scoops myself and always wanted an excuse to use one. I don't think this is it though.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

I would say your only option would be to do something like this

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiDahp.../sanddrag2.jpg

Like Tim said, I love the way these scoops look and you definately have an engine to show off, but this might not be the best application.
    Last edited by agengr; December 31st, 2006 at 11:06 PM.

I like the stock canister filter on my sbc. It is very unlikely to allow any water/mud to be ingested into the motor. However, I don't think it has the air capacity for a bbc motor.

Unfortunately, if you put any kind of pre-filter on it kind of ruins the effect of having the scoop with the 3 butterflies, since you won't be able to see 'em.

I think those look gayer than sh*t on anything other than a blower motor.

The filtration capacity is nil, as well. Boo. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kwai View Post
    Unfortunately, if you put any kind of pre-filter on it kind of ruins the effect of having the scoop with the 3 butterflies, since you won't be able to see 'em.
    Those scoops should have a filter inside them. I know the old "Street Scoop" series did. It's a cheesy and somewhat suspect looking foam filter much like the stupid looking triangular basket thing Edelbrock sells. In my honest opinion, a bug catcher should only be on an Enderle Injection System since that is what it is designed for. Anything else and you are just copying the look. BTW, a good friend of mine has an original race Hemi with the Enderle setup still on it and a street Hemi that was raced with a Hilborn Injection setup on it. Cool stuff.

Default scoop

for once me and taco completely agree, that scoop is so childish looking and your truck is so nice why would you consider using it. its so fake and childish in my opinion.

We are all like kids. We play with our trucks in the mud. LOL