Thread: 12v gauges

Default 12v gauges

i got all of my gauges out and am starting to put 12v replacements in and the stock volts meter only had one wire going to it #27 and it fed what looks like the lights on all the other gauges as well. can i just use that same wire for the new one? i cant tell where it ends up after it leaves the dash and my books dont tell me. how did the rest of you wire your 12v volt meter?

This will show you the whole circuit to feed the gauges:

The power flows from the on/off switch, lower connector in the center, to a splice...at the splice, it splits to the gauges through the spider harness, the 4 into 1 deal at the right which is behind the dash, and also to the excite wire for the alternator to start the charging. The red lightning bolt is where the wire goes through the firewall.

IF you are using a 12 volt alternator and not needing wire #468, no problem at all as far as I can tell if you hook everything up in 12 volt.

If you do use wire #468 a your excite wire and the whole truck is 12 volt, shouldnt be a problem either...in act, you should be able to use the #468 end for anything you need 12 volts for as long as you dont overtax the on/off switches amp rating....I dont know the rating...

If you are running 12 and 24 volts on the system and you are using #468 to excite the 24 volt alternator, you cannot use t to power the 12 volt gauges and excite the 24 volt alternator and you would have to do smeting to change that....run this wire in 12 volts and run a seperate excite wire in 24 volt or use this wire for the excite wire and run a seperaate for 12 volts to the gauges.
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!