Thread: rocker panels AGAIN!!!!

Default rocker panels AGAIN!!!!

Hey all, it's been awhile since I've been able to do anything to the truck, but I think I'm back on track now for awhile.

I took the cab over to a new sandblaster here in town (no more road trips to the next town over) to get it stripped. I expected to find the usual suspect areas of rust, which I did. But.....what I thought was a sound drivers side rocker panel turned out to be complete swiss cheese. Dang!

I've followed several threads over time and watched as others have dealt with rocker panel problems but never had to deal with it firsthand.

Where has everyone been getting theirs and what should I expect to pay for one? Can I buy just one or do I need to buy two?

I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them if anyone is interested.

I bought mine from jeepanelsplus and I was very pleased with the quality.

I bought a second set from Rockauto and they were HORRIBLE, to the point that I wondered if they were for a different vehicle.

BJs Off Road sells them too. I have never heard anything bad about them.

jeeppanels plus I think is out of buisness, when sheldon died, his son took over, and it was short lived, heard someone was looking to buy the buisness but dont think that happened, but hopefully it did.

Duane

Quote Originally Posted by Duane View Post
    jeeppanels plus I think is out of buisness, when sheldon died, his son took over, and it was short lived, heard someone was looking to buy the buisness but dont think that happened, but hopefully it did.

Duane
    That is a shame they went out of business. Mine came from there and I got both inners and outers. The inners are critical if you do a complete restoration. The rockers with both inners and outers support the rear wall of the cab.
    SFC, HQ,129th Sig Co, PAARNG, Vietnam Era

I bet those goodmark pannels are real nice. think i,am gonna get a set.

Quote Originally Posted by Duane View Post

Duane

That was a shame. Sheldon was a really nice guy. He made for me all kinds of non-jeep panels for my work, including paneling for ovens.

I hope the son managed to keep the company afloat.