Thread: Cargo Tarp Question

Smile Cargo Tarp Question

Hello all!

I ordered a cab and cargo cover for my M-715 from "New Life Canvas" last January and this September I got it , and I am having a hard time finding a diagram on here on how to install it.

Right now it has a hard top so I'm going to put on the rear cargo cover. I had it made with every option "New Life Canvas" had, as well had her make it in Black "TOP GUN", a poly type material the Military uses.

I have the synthetic rope, 2 ends with windows with blackout covers. I don't see how this gos together at all.

Also I was on Ebay about a month ago and seen a sale for the troop elbows, and on the elbows I seen what looked like "hooks", a piece of steel with a cut in the end that looked like a hook, the other end attached was on a rivet possibly and would pivot, any idea what that was, and do I need it?

Tho working with "New Life Canvas" was something I don't with to ever do again, the work she put into this is fantastic, the stitching is beautiful, and in high stress areas it's triple stitched, she included patch pieces, pre tied rope and even gave me chain covers.

Life is not easy and I know she ran into some issues with her health, but the communication and long drawn out timeline was just not good, and pre paying over a thousand dollars and over 9 months later made things a little ugly.

In the end I'm glad I got my top, and it's better quality then I have seen on military issued items of this nature.

In the future I would not pay full until it is done.

68' LS TT 6.0 /4L85e /AMG 242

Do you have the troop seats and the bridgework above them?

Thanks for all the help!

RAM back from the grave! Long time no see. Can't wait to see the progress once the pics work.

I hope this helps a bit.

I dont know what the hooks do that you speak of.
    They are on my truck also, and I cant figure them out.

Only one faces the wrong way, the others all face the same way. ( 6 'hooks' )
    I just tightened mine down, so they dont swing around, or make noise.
    one day I will flip the other one around, but I think you are correct, they are riveted on.

For installing the cargo cover and cab cover, see these images.

you will need the bows and corners for both the cab and the cargo area, as pictured.

Install the end curtains first, the one that "opens" closest to the cab.
    The end curtain with the sewn strato glass, goes on the tailgate end.
    You will figure out the best "lacing" pattern, as you go, to secure the end curtains.

For the cargo area top, try on a HOT day to install it, and let it take shape over several days draped over the cargo area.

It ties on the sides, and the ropes will be obvious.

the rope for the "cab to bed" tie down is a bit more difficult.

See the third image for the correct lacing procedure, between the bed and cab for the cargo cover.

best of luck.

New Life is the best quality, as you noticed.

[IMG][/IMG]
    hostis est intra portas tuas

Note,
    on the end curtains, be sure they drape to the outside of the bed, or the rain will run into the bed.

For the cab cover, there is a metal "slot" above the front windshield that runs across the entire front of the windshield. It should look like a "metal bar" across the windshield top.
    Under that, you will see the "slot"

On the cab cover, there is a sewn "rod" across the front top of the cab cover.( Probably just rolled canvass, or nylon, in a "tube" shape.)

You have to "slide" this "sewn rod" into that metal "slot" on the windshield first...
    with the cab cover draped over the hood, inside out, or "upside down" depending on how you stand

then flip the cab cover over, right side up and over the cab.

Then use the attachment straps (3) to secure it to the "back" of the cab.

After that, work your way around using the "snaps" on the cover, to secure it to the "snaps" on the cab.

Be careful of the front corners... they are the weak point.
    Once again, do this on the hottest day possible, in the direct sun... and take your time.

Of course, the hard top has to be removed and the bows installed first...
    And hopefully, the "slot" and "snaps" are still on your truck.
    not all trucks still have them .

Congratulations on a Bad A** cover system / Paulin though !
    yep...
    Pics in Black... would be really interesting.
    Last edited by Blitz; November 12th, 2014 at 08:08 PM.
    hostis est intra portas tuas

Glad that you have all of the pieces now. All good advice in the illustrations and text above. And I too had to install the cab cover in the hot sun of summer. I did not rush with the snaps. I attached as many as possible and on the next day, the next one was easy then on the next day, the next one etc. Patience rewards!