Thread: PTO box for winch swap to ZF five speed

Default PTO box for winch swap to ZF five speed

Question on the pto units. Can these 6 bolt pto units be swapped around from transmission to transmission as it seems? Or is it not that simple?

I know very little about them

I have an np205 pto and the stock t98 pto and I'm planning a diesel swap but want to keep the factory braden winch setup.

Just looked at some old charts. Looks like the PTOS have to match the tranny exactly.

Darn

I dont think the zf pto is h/d enough for the 715 winch.

I'm not so sure about that. This same transmission has powered much much larger equipment driving huge hydraulic pumps blowers etc

Look at the size of the output shaft on the pto to a t98 and compare it to the zf and you,ll see what i mean.hope it works out for you.

Yes it maybe different but its still a 6 bolt unit and there's 30 years metallurgy and engineering difference too.

I consider this item resolved. Thanks to those for input.

Admin please lock and close thread.

Quote Originally Posted by res0wc18 View Post
    I consider this item resolved. Thanks to those for input.

Admin please lock and close thread.
    How did you fix it?

There is no fixing it. They're completely incompatible. Have to get a correct pto that's matched to the zf