Thread: Oil Pump Seal

Default Oil Pump Seal

I found an oil leak on the upper seal of my oil pump. I cannot find the seal i need to fix it. I dont want to have to do the make a gasket with RTV. Does anyone know where I can get one.
    While I have to make a gasket or what?

I just went out to the shop and found a used but serviceable gasket. If you want it, just send me your addy.
    I do know that you can use gasket making material and an exacto knife to make a new one, don't know how creative you want to get....

It the one under the top plate. Is that it

No, actually this is the one that goes between the pump body and the timing cover.

I just used Mega Black to make my last couple for the cover plate. Works great, I use a cut down acid brush and make a thin layer on just the contact areas. Wait 5 mins and tighten, wait 15 more minutes and then tighten all the way. Of course, I clean everything completely with lacquer thinner first.

Does it matter with metal to metal fit?

I'm not sure I understand your question but I think you should always have some kind of gasket or gasket maker between any metal to metal fitment. Is that what you meant?

i made a gasket for it. Hopefully it will work.

You wouldnt know to where I could find the water pump outlet to engine block hose?