Thread: Who sells Rear brake drums?

Default Who sells Rear brake drums?

Does anyone know who sells Rear brake drums or if there is a civilian version I can buy?

Nevermind. I was able to find a local parts store who was able to turn down my old drums. The last owner of this truck drove it into the ground. When I got the truck the rear brakes had been disconnected for years judging by how rotted away the rear brake lines were. And the rear brake drums had sand in them which is prolly what lead to the awful looking grooves in the drums. The tapered block was seized and it took quite a lot of persuading to break it loose. I have installed new cylinders, new pads and all new brake lines and now my rear brakes should be as good as new.

For anyone in the Detroit area who needs their drums turned, go to Hastings Auto Parts in Hazel Park. They will turn the drums for $18. Just supply them with the hub fastened to it.

Similar problems here. The last owner had neglected the rears for quite sometime. I know they were changed at one time or another because they had the passenger side, front and rear, installed backwards.
    I took mine to a machine shop who made some negative comments about having to take off so much that I shouldn't use it as a daily driver. They did clean up nicely though. I had to take them the hubs too.