Thread: power to light switch

Default power to light switch

i have a m715 that was a fire truck , im trying to find the mian power wire thaat goes to the light switch , i have looked at the wiring diagram and it has been helpful with some things but im not good at reading them , so im looking for where the aux. connectoin (85) is that look like it go to the light swicth (15)and to the horn but i dont have one it was in the glove box lol , who ever wired up the head lights used a power wire from battiers to a toggle and spliced in to the wiring harness to the headlights so im hoping they just disconncted the mian power to the switch

Looking at the nice drawing that Ron Boltz did, it appears that the wire is number "15" which goes to connector "F". Now if the number tag has been taken off of the wire, that could be an issue that will have to be sorted out.

Note: This is with the original distribution box, not the solid state turn signal. It may be the same and I will try to look at that now.

EDIT: same wire with both...

i think i found it , its in the wiring harness lol but i did over look the pin f thanks for posting that it helped me out , i was thinking it was a post termanel that the wires went to , know need to get a meter to check it out , i killed my old one

and all the number tags are unreadable lol

ok gat power to the lights now , but all the lights were disconneted , played with them alittle and tags are unreadable but the light i plugged in do work but not sure what light do what , is there a chart that shows light when in b.o. drive or b.o. marker or stop light or service drive ?

I had an issue with getting my headlights to work. Until I found the loose connection. This loose connection could only be seen by removing the high beam switch from the floorboard. I just pressed the connector back onto place and the headlights worked.

I did some diagrams that id each wire and where they go, its for the turn signals with the big distribution box under the hood, not the small solid state style...if it helps:

http://www.m715zone.com/vb/view.php?pg=early_harness
    Lord send your Holy Ghost into our hearts and make the desire of our hearts Your Will.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!