Thread: M715 Horn Button Help

Default Horn button needed

Hello! Can anyone tell me, how does the horn button come off to access the horn contacts on the 715? Press in and turn, or pry out? I'm afraid of damaging something, i need the voice of experience.
    Thanks!

If you have a stock military horn switch and button, the button should pry off.

Just for reference, here are the parts:

Number 16 is the horn button. It has an "O" ring around the button and that is what holds it into # 14, the flange.

The flange is held into place by three common screws which go through an insulating spacer which holds the flange and horn button on.

Another picture from yet another thread:

#14 is the whitemetal housing that holds in the horn switch with three screws
    #15 is the "O"-Ring
    #16 is the button

And lastly, click on this thread:

Horn button

Hey chillydog,
    Just did this the other week and its real easy. There is a cap, the part of the horn you push. Around the rim of that cap there should be a space for the tip of a flat head screwdriver to fit. Just put the screw driver in there, twist, and it should pop right off. Then you should see some screws for the contacts and its pretty self explanatory from there.

If you need anymore help, let us know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thats it what gotzskills said.
    1969 M715

I have a few extra horn buttons. If u need one let me know (#16) in diagram

Default M 715 horn button Help

Thanks guys for the help!! I appreciate it! I just didn't want to break anything. Paul