Thread: interior light solution

Default interior light solution

I bought this flashlight to use when I'm out with New Jersey Forest fire, it small, and brighter than any flashlight ive seen for its size, went to buy some for stocking stuffers and came up with an idea, if I clip one on the canvas top strap in my truck, it will light the interior up, ive never wanted to mount anything on the cab bows since they go on and off in the summer. It worked great, if you have a Batteries plus store by you they are sold there, my local hardware store has them too

http://www.amazon.com/Nebo-Lumens-Fl.../dp/B007M0JSTA

Duane

Good idea. Just make sure and clip it instead of letting the magnet hold it up. I have done the magnet light thing in the M1009's for a few years now. Hitting a bump and having it fall on you can really be a surprise at night.

I am working some surplus armor light/bo light fixtures up for the M1009's to get a more permanent workable solution.

I just keep a LED hat light in my pocket for the M715.
    Remember if you didn't build it you can't call it yours.

6.2 powered M715, 5 M1009's, M416, 2 M101's, 2 M105's, 3 M35's, M1007 6.5 turbo Suburban project called Cowdog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCz...HGkBCfhXZ5iuaw

here is "stick on" led light that I have seen that could be easily mounted anywhere in the cab and they are really bright. http://www.pmlights.com/.

I just bought myself a StreamLight ProTac HL pocket flashlight. It supposed to be the brightest pocket light produced, and I believe it. This thing illuminates my shed at night from my house about 200 feet away like it's a bright sunny day. It is quite incredible. What it does in a dark room in the house is unbelievable.
    Didn't mean to get off subject here, just wanted to throw the word out there, in case someone was looking for one.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Video for the Streamlight Pro Tech HL:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRjRoCtO3xc

Impressive light.
    Did you find it for under 65 bucks?
    I keep shopping for the right lights... and mounts for a "system".
    I didnt notice if they had remote pressure switches...
    Bright as heck.

For the interior dome lights, I used two, 12 volt 1156 bulb, marker lights, that are in a reflective housing with ( blue) lenses. I had them "on hand" from another vehicle and why not... Some touch up paint has been done since this photo:

[IMG][/IMG]

I ran one wire, from the battery that is also grounded to the block and frame, to an illuminated switch on the dash, and then a single wire out the windshield vacuum wiper tubing hole, up to the drivers side door frame and I put in a quick disconnect right there.
    ( just a spade and female spade insulated connector ) the female end "stays on the truck"
    when I want to remove the top.

A single wire, across the cab bow, running to each light in turn.
    "The Ground" works because of the battery I choose to run off of.
    Of course its fused as well...

But its a Hell of a lot of light, a switch on the dash and some forest green paint made it all blend. Its really bright.
    I may take some red tail light tape and cover over the lenses to tone it down a bit.

The main thing is, you can run a dome light... just use a quick disconnect near the top of the door/window frame, for those summer days running topless.

If ya really want to get technical.... look on E bay for Armored Personnel Carrier, or Tank Dome lights that are 24 volt... to keep the military look.

They are square, white housing and have a port to attach another 24 volt "accessory", usually a GPFU ( Gas Filter Unit ) to feed the M42a2 Tanker Masks.
    once again, you can use a single wire, and quick disconnect, just choose the other battery in the bank. ( and add a fuse )

this is what they look like:
    You can find them new, used and for various prices

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dome-Light-U...item2ecca83a7c

I actually paid $68+shipping, but oh! so worth it. This thing is rugged, good looking, and dangerously bright. As a home defense weapon light, it will definitely blind the bad guy as he walks into it.
    militarypotts Spec/4 Military Police, Vietnam Era, "Does the noise in my head bother you? Welcome to the Twilight Zone!"

Thanks...
    Thats what I wanted to know.
    the cheapest I found it was 65 bucks and 5 bucks shipping.

For the Price... It seems worth it.
    The "30 dollar specials" dont seem to last very long with "shock forces" applied.

Have I ever mentioned how dark it is out here?

Nice Snag MP.

I found a 4in round led light with a center on off push switch, it is bright ,uses 2 triple a batteries and best of all has a strong magnet . I stick it under my dash on the back side of my dash, out of sight completely . easy to turn on,or if more light is needed just pull it & stick it on the front side, found at Menards in house lighting $6 works great
    INDIANA FFL