Thread: Does anyone know where i can buy a carb?

Default Does anyone know where i can buy a carb?

Just need one that will work with the original Tornado....Rebuild kit didnt do it....I just need a "plug n play" solution if there is one....I have searched but cant seem to find a source. Thanks in advance

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/carburetor-holley-1920

The 230 and 1920 was used on 1963-'65 J-series and Wagoneer's, and 1967-'69 M715's , but it used a different accelerator pump, thereby being incompatible with yours. Although, it may work.

It might be necessary to use the Acc pump from the rebuild kit you already have.

here is a thread on the subject: about 2 bbl carbs:

Holley 2bbl carb?

quote:
    Grand Poobah

brute4c is a Soldier
    Actually, there were 2:

1963-64 Holley 2300, 350 cfm model NOT the 500 cfm model
    1965 Holley 2415

There is a version of the 2300 model that is still available. The 2415 is not.

Pro-choice, that's a LIE, babies don't choose to die!!

seems there are some non stock options.
    I dont know how important it is for you to stay stock.

Quote Originally Posted by chriswinvb View Post
    Just need one that will work with the original Tornado....Rebuild kit didnt do it....I just need a "plug n play" solution if there is one....I have searched but cant seem to find a source. Thanks in advance
    Remember that you just can't throw new parts into the old carb without cleaning it up meticulously. First of all, don't use 45 year old NOS carb kits. They won't stand up to ethanol gas for very long. Get fresh kits from Daytona Parts or others.

Make sure you can blow air thru all the holes in the body. When you stick the air nozzle onto the different passages in the throat, make sure you feel it coming out inside the body where the removable economizer body was. If you don't feel it, they are plugged. Soak, blow, soak, blow, etc., until they are cleaned out.

Same thing with the economizer body, clean and blow it until all passages are clear and all balls move freely.

If your carb was gummed up from sitting before you got the truck, chances are its still not cleaned up enough.

Just my 2c.

Scott
    '67 M715 '67 M725 '69 M726 (x2)

"it's cheap and you get all you can shove in your pie-hole" --Kozmo 12-10-13

I think you can send your carb to Daytona carb, if you don't want to, im pretty sure I have a complete core that I would sell. very rarely, unless the throttle shafts are worn or something is broken off, is a an old carb not rebuildable in my opinion

Duane

When I bought my truck, there was no carburetor on it. I was handed one that looked correct. But it had the air filter wire across the opening of the throat. Our trucks use the circular clamp that secures the bottom of the air cleaner to the top of the carburetor.

The Chrysler slant-six uses an air filter that has one wing nut in the center of the top. So they have that thick wire that goes across the throat with a stud sticking out of the center/top of the wire.

That carburetor was an easy build. But it just never ran correctly. The idle mixture adjustment didn't make much difference and it stumbled on acceleration. The main jet was an odd number that didn't match any of the numbers I was looking for. So, I suspect it was from a slant-six. I eventually got a good used core from a member here and it rebuilt and ran correctly.

"Your mileage may vary!"

So, cutting to the chase (finally!) I offer this experience just as an insight. I don't want you to have the same problem. Hope someone has one that you can rebuild of if yours is a good core, maybe you want to send it off for rebuild. Hope you get it sorted out soon!

BTW, one of those cores on eBay appears to be the correct one. It is listed as from a Jeep and upon casual examination, could be the same as our carburetors.